Nativeway - Stingray and Island Tour

mermaid40

We did the Stingray City and Island Tour with NativeWay in early December. It was a great time. It is well worth it! We saw and did everything that we wanted to do...Snorkel/feed Stingrays, Snorkel around coral, Turtle Farm, Tortuga Rum, Hell.

The stingray (boat) portion of the trip, there were probably about 10-15 other people on it with us. But after that was over, I guess no one else did the island tour part, so it was just our group of four on the bus for the island tour...so it was nice to have a tour guide all to ourselves.

All of the tour guides were very friendly and helpful...You will have a great time!

I'm very interested in that same exact tour you did...please give me details on specifically what you asked the tour group to provide for you. Like did you have to tell them where you wanted to go? Did they just have a package already in place? How much was it per person? I assumed you tipped the driver after, right?

wckdtrix,

Thanks for the information!!! Do you know what time the tour was completed? or how long it was? another question - where do they drop you off at when it is over?

Thanks so much!!

The tour lasted about 4-5 hours total...They dropped us off on a side street very close to our tender boat. I think they had to go to the side street because the main street was/is so busy...

I'm very interested in that same exact tour you did...please give me details on specifically what you asked the tour group to provide for you. Like did you have to tell them where you wanted to go? Did they just have a package already in place? How much was it per person? I assumed you tipped the driver after, right?

We didn't really tell the tour guide what we wanted to do. It was already preplanned/packaged through NativeWay. I am not sure if you can customize your tour or not, but we were very happy with the places we went and the things that we did. At the Turtle Farm our tour guide went in with us and gave us a guided tour, He was very informative and very friendly. After he finished at the turtle farm, he gave us plenty of time to explore the turtle farm and gift shop on our own. We also stopped at the Hell Post Office to send post cards and look around for a bit. The tour guide also stopped and pointed out 7 mile beach, and the governors house...but we weren't givern the opportunity to get out or anything like that.

It was $40 per person, and well worth it...and yes we tipped our snorkel guides, and our bus driver/tour guide. They were all very helpful, informative, and friendly.

Just to add to the other comments. We had a great time on the tour Jan 05/05. The tour left at 9:45 as planned and we got back about 2:30. We did the island tour first and then the Stingrays and coral reef swim. We bought the DVD of the Stingray Swim so we will be very interested to see how it turned out. Takes about 3-4 weeks to get it. Well done NativeWay.

I think Sharon from Nativeway is having some problems with her e-mail. It took her about a week to get mine all set up.

If you need it quicker than that, I'd just call her at 1-345-946-8656

They're worth the wait. We went with them last year and it was the absolute highlight of our trip. We chose this year's cruise specifically to go see them again! They're fun, professional and a great value compared to the ships tours.

We have been with Nativeway three times and had a great time every time. Sounds like they have increased their prices.....probably trying to recoup dollars from the hurricane damage. The guides are great, and really helped my son in the water...and even calmed me down when I was afraid of the stingrays!

You can customize if you want. We did for our upcoming cruise. We just want to go snorkeling in coral gardens, swim with the stingrays and get dropped off at seven mile beach and have time go do a little shopping.

If you call or e-mail you can tell Sharon what you want. It usually takes a few days for a response.

I also emailed them earlier this week and have not heard back from them yet! Maybe there is something wrong with their email or perhaps they take a long time to answer back?

I emailed her on 1/8 and when I didn't have a response yesterday I emailed her again last evening and had an email waiting for me when I got home today.

Has anyone done the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour?

How far is it from where one tenders to Nativeway? While I have no problem in the water, walking a great distance is a little hard . . .

My wife and I both have bad knees and walking long distances is a problem for us too.

Don't worry. The Nativeway van is parked just outside the tender docking area in the parking lot nearby.

From there it was approx a 10-15 minute drive to their marina, but we stopped at two resorts to pick up couples at each one. We had a total of 8 people on our boat. The drive was nice to see some of the island.

Bless you CruiseMark . . . my left knee is the reason I haven't been able to walk very far (or go up and down stairs) for over six weeks. Doctor says it's "tennis elbow" but I keep telling him that I don't play tennis with my knee. So he says it's tendonitis or something like that. With my luck . . . I'll still have the problem in April. The older I get (and I just turned 58 yesterday), the longer it takes for "ailments" to go away. My sore heel lasted six months! Oh, it's soooo much fun getting older . . . NOT!

You can take an elevator to the whatever deck the tenders load from, but you will probably still have a few stairs to negotiate to get to the tender. There will be railings, though. I'm beginning to wonder if Nativeway and Soto's pick up in the same parking lot.

Is it to the right of the Atlantis operation and across the street from a Church of God?

We used Nativeway this past September when we cruised on the NOS. We had a fabulous time. We did the stingray tour and it was great. I can't say enough good things about them. We will be on the Mariner in May,and I hope to use them again for the stingray excursion. Are they up and running? I didn't know if they were due to all the damage by the hurricane. You cannot go wrong with Nativeway. Our boat was not crowded,so we were able to interact with the stingrays better than on a boat crammed with people, then we went snorkling,fabulous time.

We used Nativeway this past September when we cruised on the NOS. We had a fabulous time. We did the stingray tour and it was great. I can't say enough good things about them. We will be on the Mariner in May,and I hope to use them again for the stingray excursion. Are they up and running? I didn't know if they were due to all the damage by the hurricane. You cannot go wrong with Nativeway. Our boat was not crowded,so we were able to interact with the stingrays better than on a boat crammed with people, then we went snorkling,fabulous time.

Yep, they're fully operational!

I will be in Grand Cayman in July with my mother. I have been there several times and snorked once and one time went ot 7 mile beach. This tour sounds real nice. My mother doesn't snorkel or swim. I am the one getting in the water. I will contact them about a tour.

thanks

Susan

Archived