***Rude people who cut in line***

Cruiser_SG77

There are New Yorkers... I mean, uh, rude people on every cruise. If you let them ruin your trip, they will. Brush it off and move on - focus on the fun you had!

Someone seems to think the rest of the world hasn't heard the term "Massholes" ... (I kid ... I kid!)

But the pizza is good.

If you're out of NY the pizza better be good:D My kids still remember how I'd assure them they did NOT want to order pizza when away from home. I still remember their poor little horrified faces when their *pizza* would arrive. Ah well, they all learned that your mama doesn't steer you wrong:D

New York has it's own culture. The essence of that culture (and I am a Native) is that TIME IS EXTREMELY VALUABLE. We are well paid but desperate for personal time. It's workaholic on steroids:eek: If you waste other people's time (holding up a line being friendly, etc.), New Yorkers will feel that YOU are the rude one. Vacation time is hard to come by (most of us are pressured to work 24/7 in a way others just don't get - the crackberry doesn't stop!) and many New Yorkers are pretty desperate but still wound pretty tight when we do get a few days off. Takes us about 3 days to pry our fingernails out of the ceiling, lol. Not saying all this is ideal by any means, but it is what is it is.

So ... there was an alternate entrance without a line ... and they used it ... while you didn't.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how this is line cutting.

If there are seven doors to get into a room, and you go to the most crowded one, how is that this couple's fault?

It's hard to explain unless you've been on the Dream so I'll try.

The comedy club is at the back of the ship and has only 1 entrance. The piano bar is left of the comedy club. The line for the comedy show forms at the door and goes backwards down a hall way towards the right. Since the piano bar is to the left of the comedy club and one exit near the comedy club's entrance, the people entered the piano bar, walked through it, exited at the back and cut in line right at the front of the comedy club.

They walked around the line via the piano bar and cut in at the last second, right in front of me.

There are New Yorkers... I mean, uh, rude people on every cruise. If you let them ruin your trip, they will. Brush it off and move on - focus on the fun you had!

We were in NYC for 5 days in June and everyone was nice. No rude waiters, taxi drivers, subway people. Very disappointing. :mad:

I love New York!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I currently live in south Carolina and have witnessed more rude people living here, than in all the 40 yrs I lived in Ohio!!!! We went to New York last Sept, saw the Yanks! Yeah....had a great time! Went to Boston, saw the Red Sox, yeah!!! it was the greatest experience. Came back here........well, i miss the Yankee life, i guess that's what this post is really about : ( New Yorkers get a bad rap, their attitudes, rudeness, their fast pace of things. My experince on the cruises is the New England people!!!!They are the rudest Ive ever witnessed!!!!!

I was on a panama canel cruise and did on excursion on a smaller boat through the canal, but one large family was really obnoxious. Bottom line we are leaving the boat and everyone is piling out so this family tries to push their way through. I stepped in front of one of them so my wife and son could get out and this guy starts to walk on the bench and uses me to keep himself upright. What could I do, I stopped walking and went to tie my shoe, he went down hard. I hope he learned a lesson, but I doubt it.

But the pizza is good.

So true! But we have good pizza next door in CT, too! New Haven is the best!;)

Uh oh..................:eek:

Someone seems to think the rest of the world hasn't heard the term "Massholes" ... (I kid ... I kid!)

Thanks, Cat! LOL! (And I'm kidding, too;))

If you're out of NY the pizza better be good:D My kids still remember how I'd assure them they did NOT want to order pizza when away from home. I still remember their poor little horrified faces when their *pizza* would arrive. Ah well' date=' they all learned that your mama doesn't steer you wrong:D[/quote']

So true!!! Friends of ours moved to Maine and almost died from pizza withdrawal. Now when they visit, they have a dozen pizzas cooked and frozen so they can bring them home.

New York has it's own culture. The essence of that culture (and I am a Native) is that TIME IS EXTREMELY VALUABLE. We are well paid but desperate for personal time. It's workaholic on steroids:eek: If you waste other people's time (holding up a line being friendly' date=' etc.), New Yorkers will feel that YOU are the rude one. Vacation time is hard to come by (most of us are pressured to work 24/7 in a way others just don't get - the crackberry doesn't stop!) and many New Yorkers are pretty desperate but still wound pretty tight when we do get a few days off. Takes us about 3 days to pry our fingernails out of the ceiling, lol. Not saying all this is ideal by any means, but it is what is it is.[/quote']

Very well put....thank you!:)

I love New York!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I currently live in south Carolina and have witnessed more rude people living here, than in all the 40 yrs I lived in Ohio!!!! We went to New York last Sept, saw the Yanks! Yeah....had a great time! Went to Boston, saw the Red Sox, yeah!!! it was the greatest experience. Came back here........well, i miss the Yankee life, i guess that's what this post is really about : ( New Yorkers get a bad rap, their attitudes, rudeness, their fast pace of things. My experince on the cruises is the New England people!!!!They are the rudest Ive ever witnessed!!!!!

Wow...that's not kind:mad:

Being a "Polite Canadian" I totally understand what the OP is saying. You see when a society allows this bad behaviour without consequence, this behavoiur will continue. Trust me, I have seen it all from an outsider's point of view when we cruise. You all know that 95% of the cruise passengers are americans. We have seen cutting in line, no regard for others, bad manners in buffet lines, not caring about dress codes in the MDR, chair hogs, bad parenting, poor treatment of cruise ship employees and the list goes on and on.

Did you ever wonder why us Canadians always wear a maple leaf somewhere... it is because we want to ensure that we are not confused as americans in other countries. When in Europe, Mexico or elsewhere travellers are judged by their behaviour and manners. Let' s face it, you are known by the company you keep.

As long as poor behaviour is tolerated, or even supported (as some on this thread have done) it will continue. I commend the OP for stating this type of behaviour is not acceptable and we should all strive to be more polite and more understanding of others.

In MHO...:)

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Your right to be annoyed at them... But, and I know its difficult, but your on vacation just let it go..... Your always going to have that, just like your always going to have someone cut in line for a sec at the buffet, or brats running up and down the hallway all hours of the day, or someone cutting you off on the roadways.... [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][quote name='Cruiser_SG77']My wife and I sailed the Dream out of NYC on November 15th. Although we had an awesome cruise, one incident really annoyed me. I just need to vent a little so here we go:

After dinner, my wife and I made our way to the Burgundy lounge at the back of the ship to watch the comedy show starring Happy Cole. We heard from other guests that he was not to be missed and this was his last night performing, so we lined up for his R-rated set.

After waiting in line for over 20 minutes, they finally opened the doors to let people in for the show. We were moving along slowly, making our way to the doors of the lounge, when it happened. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a trashy looking couple making their way to the doors from the left side.

It seems they decided they were too good to wait like everyone else and tried to cut in line by sneaking around through Sam's piano bar...I caught them in the act and asked them to wait their turn like everyone else. I told them what they were doing wasn't right. The husband looked at me and stopped but his wife kept charging ahead, ignoring me completely. He gave me an apologetic look and ran after his wife and took a seat.

Since my wife and I were near the end of the line up, we didn't get to sit and watch the show. Needless to say I was more than annoyed.

I tried to inform a staff member (Jeff the "fun dude") that people were cutting in front of the line by sneaking through the piano bar, but he gave me the usual brush-off and told me he had been standing there the whole time to prevent this from happening. I told him that was complete BS.

The comedian was standing at the back of the room during all of this and could tell I was pissed, so he asked me what happened, I explained everything and he also talked to the "fun dude", which I thought was pretty decent of him.

Nothing really came of it but hopefully the people who cut in line realized what they did was wrong and decide not to do it again in the future.

/rant.[/quote]

[quote name='Cruiser_SG77']It's hard to explain unless you've been on the Dream so I'll try.

The comedy club is at the back of the ship and has only 1 entrance. The piano bar is left of the comedy club. The line for the comedy show forms at the door and goes backwards down a hall way towards the right. Since the piano bar is to the left of the comedy club and one exit near the comedy club's entrance, the people entered the piano bar, walked through it, exited at the back and cut in line right at the front of the comedy club.

They walked around the line via the piano bar and cut in at the last second, right in front of me.[/quote]

Did they go through the same door as you? Or did they go through a different door?

Same door = cutting
Different door = not cutting

[quote name='BC Todd']Being a "Polite Canadian" I totally understand what the OP is saying. You see when a society allows this bad behaviour without consequence, this behavoiur will continue. Trust me, I have seen it all from an outsider's point of view when we cruise. You all know that 95% of the cruise passengers are americans. We have seen cutting in line, no regard for others, bad manners in buffet lines, not caring about dress codes in the MDR, chair hogs, bad parenting, poor treatment of cruise ship employees and the list goes on and on.[/quote]

Nice try, Todd. I've been to Canada. I've encountered rude Canadians, and not just in Montreal. They exist. I know they do. ;)

[quote]Did you ever wonder why us Canadians always wear a maple leaf somewhere... it is because we want to ensure that we are not confused as americans in other countries. When in Europe, Mexico or elsewhere travellers are judged by their behaviour and manners. Let' s face it, you are known by the company you keep.[/quote]

What, actual Canadians where the maple leaf? I thought it was just self-righteous Americans who didn't want to be confused with their more war-happy brethern who did that.

[quote name='BC Todd']As long as poor behaviour is tolerated, or even supported (as some on this thread have done) it will continue. I commend the OP for stating this type of behaviour is not acceptable and we should all strive to be more polite and more understanding of others.

In MHO...:)[/quote]

Thanks! Unfortunately it didn't do much good, they saw the show and I didn't, LOL!!!

[quote name='southbayer']Your right to be annoyed at them... But, and I know its difficult, but your on vacation just let it go..... Your always going to have that, just like your always going to have someone cut in line for a sec at the buffet, or brats running up and down the hallway all hours of the day, or someone cutting you off on the roadways.... [/quote]

Please read the first part of my first sentence of my original post.

[quote name='Cruiser_SG77']My wife and I sailed the Dream out of NYC on November 15th. Although we had an awesome cruise[/quote]

Archived