Pregnancy Policy question

stan1541

My sister is coming on a cruise with me and is also trying to get pregnant.

We knew that there was a chance (and are hoping) that she might be pregnant by the time of the cruise.

We bought trip insurance within the 7 days of booking to cover any pre-existing conditions. When I read the policy book after it arrived, it specifically covers the trip if you become pregnant after making the reservation for the trip. It does not say anything about high-risk or anything. It appears that you can simply cancel just because of being pregnant. It does specify that you *might* have to get

a note from your doctor indicating that your pregnancy began AFTER you made the reservation in order for the policy to apply.

hb5

We bought trip insurance within the 7 days of booking to cover any pre-existing conditions. When I read the policy book after it arrived, it specifically covers the trip if you become pregnant after making the reservation for the trip. It does not say anything about high-risk or anything. It appears that you can simply cancel just because of being pregnant. It does specify that you *might* have to get

a note from your doctor indicating that your pregnancy began AFTER you made the reservation in order for the policy to apply.

hb5

There are many, many different insurance companies and types of trip insurance policies. Lots of them will not allow you to cancel if you become pregnant; one exception is if you purchased a "cancel for any reason" policy. Even then, at least with our policies, you will only receive back 75% of your money.

It just depends on the policy and there is no blanket answer that covers everyone and every policy.

Archived