Lindblad Summer 2010 Land of the ice Bears

• 1 month later...
I am wait listed for this cruise on July or August sailings. I have never sailed with lindblad and am interested to hear about others who have.

I sailed with Lindblad to the Galapagos and will go to the Sea of Cortez in March. They are a fabulous company. The crew is wonderful, naturalists are so knowledgeable, and the ships are eco-friendly. These are not large luxury ships, but, well-appointed, fabulous food, and friendly people who really care about the passengers but also about the environment you are visiting. They are now teamed with National Geographic which make it more of an expedition than a cruise.

Hope you get on.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We won't be with you on this trip, but will be boarding the NG Explorer, shortly after you leave, in early Sept in St. P on the first leg of a B2B winding up in Lisbon. We did the "Beyond the North Cape" last summer from Bergen to Svalbard and it was wonderful - lots of Polar Bear sightings and perfect weather. We had previously done the "Ice Bear" route way back back in '97 when the Endeavour was the Caledonian Star. Don't know if you chose to get a veranda room on NGE. but we were amazed at how often we were able to use it. But, there are many observation points all over the ship. Do you know who your expedition leader will be?

Ted

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I am trying to decide between either the Beyond the North Cape trip or The Land Of the Ice Bear any advice?

Given the choice, I would do North Cape - it includes both the Norwegian fiords and Svalbard - we had great Polar Bear sightings and the Norwegian coast is breathtaking. Bergen is an interesting embarkation point.

Archived