Elite & Platinum Boarding Entrance @ Port Everglades

earnied

I read a while back that the separate elite & platinum entrance at pier 2 Port Everglades was closed down. Anyone cruised recently who can verify one way or the other ? We're sailing on the Ruby next week and want to know what to expect.

earnied

We asked about a Platinum entrance last month on our cruise on the Crown and were told to go to the front of the line and ask which we did. They Princess rep asked to see our boarding passes and once he saw they were Platinum, he opened the rope line and let us right in. Same thing once we got into the main area, instead of getting a number, we were told to go right in. Boarding had already started so I am not sure if the other Platinum line was open around the corner, but just ask and they should accommodate you.

Tim

I read a post a short while back (can't find it again now) that stated the separate entrance around the corner was closed when they went to enter there and they were sent back to the main entrance. I just don't want to drag our suitcases to the separate entrance and find that it's be dis-continued. Would like to hear from someone that has cruised within the last 30 days........

earnied

They will let you in either way but the actual entrance is around the corner, they both end up in the same place. :)

Good to know now that we will be Elite after this next cruise. We haven't bothered knowing which door to enter since we get there so darn early and there isn't a line except for those waiting for cabs or the shuttles to take them home.

Just got off the Ruby last weekend.

When we arrived for boarding at approximately 10:30 am, we simply went to the right side of the building and to the entrance door.

Have your boarding pass and ID ready to show and they will scan your bags and let you in.

There are separate areas for Elite, Platinum, Handicapped, Gold and first time passengers. When boarding starts they will call by order, then open the regular doors for those in line out front.

If you get there before the main entrance is open. Go to the right and enter the lounge area with water and juice. And wait until they are ready for boarding to begin. They will also give you a number.

If the main entrance is open. Just show your boarding pass and you are at the front of the line. They close the lounge after the main entrance is opened.

I hope this helps so you don't have to drag your luggage around.

On the Crown sailing 2 weeks ago, no door around the corner was used. Everyone went through security and then into the main hall where several counters were for Platinum/Elite. Greased lightening and much faster than the Emerald boarding in October in a different terminal

On the Crown sailing 2 weeks ago, no door around the corner was used. Everyone went through security and then into the main hall where several counters were for Platinum/Elite. Greased lightening and much faster than the Emerald boarding in October in a different terminal

Were you at pier 2?

We asked about a Platinum entrance last month on our cruise on the Crown and were told to go to the front of the line and ask which we did. They Princess rep asked to see our boarding passes and once he saw they were Platinum, he opened the rope line and let us right in. Same thing once we got into the main area, instead of getting a number, we were told to go right in. Boarding had already started so I am not sure if the other Platinum line was open around the corner, but just ask and they should accommodate you.

Tim

This is exactly what happened for me when I was on the Crown in November. I'm not sure which pier it was by number. It was not the normal pier that I usually sail from. The Ruby had that spot. The Crown was at the other end directly horizontal to the Oasis of the Seas and several other ships. That may have affected how they did things. At the pier I'm used to, we would go around the corner. At this pier, they did the above.

On a recent Emerald cruise when we went to the side doors we were told that it was closed and to just go to the front of the line and show our priority boarding passes and they will let us in. We did just that and we were allowed in ahead of everyone. I was so pleased because the line was very long by then.

Not sure if the platinum/elite lounge was closed because of the time we arrived or if it had been closed completely for other reasons. As long as I do not have to wait on line I am happy.

Archived