Where is the Jewel?

sunnydaze

The Jewel Site says she has 3 more days before she arrives. Docking is very expensive.

Yes, I noticed that a while ago. It appears that the countdown on the Jewel's blog is the countdown until she officially becomes "Pacific Jewel".

Did anyone watch ACA last night? They did an inside tour of the Jewel.

I think they also mentioned that there will be 180 (or so...can't remember actual figure) cruises this season in/from Australia.

Not sure if keeping the dome area as a day spa is a good or bad thing. I assume more people would take advantage of the fantastic views in the dome if it was a lounge / nightclub like on Dawn. But perhaps this is a way to draw more people in to the day spa.

What do you think? Do you use the day spa onboard?

I think they also mentioned that there will be 180 (or so...can't remember actual figure) cruises this season in/from Australia.

Not sure if keeping the dome area as a day spa is a good or bad thing. I assume more people would take advantage of the fantastic views in the dome if it was a lounge / nightclub like on Dawn. But perhaps this is a way to draw more people in to the day spa.

Not a chance. I think they have made a huge blunder there!

I reckon you will see the young ladies out hawking their wares like never before.They will be under great pressure to make their sales budget.Personally I don't think the spa will be a success,as I can't imagine that too many people will be willing to spend big bucks on this sort of thing.Could be wrong (I often am) :(

Originally the Jewel was supposed to go to Brisbane, with the Dawn staying in Sydney. However they did some sort of research and found that Sydney people were more likely to spend the $$ on the spa than Brisbane people! :confused: That's why Brisbane will get the Dawn.

did you see the bit on ACA where Brady Halls said one of the massage rooms (which was reds and blacks) looked like an autopsy room! I thought that was funny, but P & O wouldnt have been impressed! I can tell you I wont be wasting my hard earned in the day spa - what a wasted space - bring back The Dome.

hi,

we saw it,my wife saw the inside of the massage area and spas her faced was like yuck!!!!a total waste of time as we are going next dec to tassie and we wont be visiting the spa........or the autopsy room......but the new waterfront restaurant looks good and so does the luke magan restaurant area.i dont know what the new stage looks like but the p/d one looks better.....i guess we will wait untill the frist cruise is over.....hope it is reday and not like the p/d first cruise from her drydock i was reading that was a disaster?

cheers matt

Hi all. I saw the ACA thing from the P/jewel too. From what i hve seen the ship is ok. As with the spa on deck 14 if no one will use it well i say bring back the Dome! I like the look of the waterfront restaurant and the salt grill by luke Mangan. The P/Dawn is allso

geting the salt Grill. I so hope thay keep Bravo Trattoria.

cheers mick

Might be a European thing (Spa's) I grew up with a number of Finnish (Suomi) People who all had steam saunas With about a ¼ teaspoon of Eucalyptus oil added to 4 litres of water that splashed on to hot stones Then a cold shower. While supposedly bad for the heart it is very good for the skin (none had blemishes or acne ever) Pores open with the steam then close with the cold then back into steam and repeat process. Also ones nasal passages remain clean colds vannish, aches and pains from gym go away

Anyhow I'm testing the Jewel out Sunday will take photo's of course and give feed back positive or negative

Interesting reading some of your comments about the Spa. It seemed hardly used when I was onboard OV2 and the girls kept walking the decks with "offers". We wanted it to be a nightclub like OV1 (Pearl) but instead they sent it to you as the Spa is apparently more likely to be used by Australians!!

I think us Brits would have preferred another watering hole!

Anyhow.. We still have the much better ship, if you like Jewel you'll love Pearl as it has loads more.. cinema, dome nightclub, more open deck, sports nets aft deck 14, wrap-around deck 14 at the bow (excellent for sailaway/arrival) and lots more...

.....hope it is reday and not like the p/d first cruise from her drydock i was reading that was a disaster?

cheers matt

I was on that cruise and there was nothing disasterous about it. It was fantastc.

I agree with everyone else........the spa is a total waste of space.

Archived