Another Elation Question!

Jamrenjer

Sorry for another question! Usually we do alot of research-- just been too busy! Here is the question: Does the Elation have a pool that is covered? We have been on some cruises when it rains or is chilly-- they have a retractable cover-- and you are still able to swim.

Thanks, guys for your help!:)

Sorry for another question! Usually we do alot of research-- just been too busy! Here is the question: Does the Elation have a pool that is covered? We have been on some cruises when it rains or is chilly-- they have a retractable cover-- and you are still able to swim.

Thanks, guys for your help!:)

No sorry...no covered pool......

Have fun this weekend. The buffet area will be crowded. Depending on how wet it is you can still sit outside.

I like to sit on the fan decks overlooking the Serenity area. They are located at the back of the buffet behind the pizza station and the bar.

Yes! We sure are! Never been on such a short cruise either... but we will make the best of it!!!:) I guess the pools will be closed....

LOL! If it makes you feel any better.......we sailed on the Elation last December to Cabo and Ensenada........Cabo was beautiful clear and 80 degrees but we got poured on in Ensenada. Ensenada rains brown:p No sewers.... we had to walk in 2 feet of water to cross the streets to our fav. taco restaurant:eek: We were soaked and freezing........

Lots of tacos and Pacificos later......muy bueno:p

We still laugh about it:D We have been on the Elation 3 times and will miss her when she leaves San Diego:(

I'm sure you guys will make the best of it.......even if it is raining and cold......Good luck!

There is a street taco stand a few blocks down from the terminal. Those were the best tacos I have ever had, and I've been to quite a few places around San Diego, and Mexico.

If you leave the terminal and hit the main street, turn left, and it is a few blocks down on the left. It is the first one you come to before you get to the weird statue area.

Kurban--

Which restuarant do you go to?

We are on the Paradise in January and the Cabo/Cabo/Ensenada itin on the Elation in March.

Thanks!:)

Yes you are familiar with Ensenada...it is called Taqueria Mexico Lindo next door to Hussongs and across the street from Papas & Beers. It is real small and has a counter type bar that wraps around the cooking area where you can watch everything made..........they also have few tables in the back. We have been going there about 7 years now. Family owned and best tacos in town and very low prices........

And to the OP I would not recommend eating from a taco cart on the street JMHO:D

Thanks for the info. We've been going to another restuarant that has been there for years (El Charro--the one with the chickens in the window) and then we go to the Paleteria a few stores up from Hussong's for dessert.

I agree, only eat off the carts if you have a recommendation you can trust. We have eaten in shacks/stands in Rosarito this way when the kids were puny, like 1 & 3. Never got sick.

Probably trust mapman, but not my directional sense sometimes.:o

Can you tell me if they have hair dryers on the Elation?.....Dennis

Only the Cat 11 & 12 (What are they called now, OS and GS?)

You're not missing anything. The hairdryers are extremely underpowered. Bring your own. The shampoo and shower gel are very generic. We bring our own also.

Yes you are familiar with Ensenada...it is called Taqueria Mexico Lindo next door to Hussongs and across the street from Papas & Beers. It is real small and has a counter type bar that wraps around the cooking area where you can watch everything made..........they also have few tables in the back. We have been going there about 7 years now. Family owned and best tacos in town and very low prices........

And to the OP I would not recommend eating from a taco cart on the street JMHO:D

Is this the place where they have lobster tacos (tiny little yummy things) for dirt cheap and they make the tortillas right there? Multiple "pots" of salsa on the counter to try? If it is, we LOVE that place.

Is this the place where they have lobster tacos (tiny little yummy things) for dirt cheap and they make the tortillas right there? Multiple "pots" of salsa on the counter to try? If it is, we LOVE that place.

I don't remember them having lobster but yes to the homemade tortillas and salsa's . Infact the last time we were there several crew members were there and brought back several dozen tacos to the ship.......maybe they can teach the Carnival cooks how to make real mexican food lol!

Have fun this weekend. Hopefully the rain will hold off for you, though I do hear it will start again Saturday and be heavy on Sunday.

We are on Elation sailing 12/22. Let us know if you try the taco shop near Hussoung's - we would love to check it out if it is good. Not sure of our plans in Ensenada - we've been there many times before, but not in a few years, so probably things may have changed a bit.

We are going on Xmas Day - so don't expect too many places to be open - but if anyone has any experience and/or knowledge, that would be appreciated. From the Carnival site, many of the ship tours are not offered.

Thanks!

Archived