Pls compare BA stern Pride of America w/same on Dawn

flashdog_1

The BA on Pride of America is only 136 sq ft, but that on Dawn is 166 sq ft.

If you have been on both, please tell me if we will notice a difference in walking space.

On PofA we had only 2 in the cabin and felt a 3rd would have been pushing it. We have 3 booked on Dawn and are now concerned. Please advise ONLY about BA on those two ships. Thanks.

You will need the extra sq ft. for 3 people. It won't be as tight as the POA would be.

We were on the Star a couple years age in a BA with 3 people (the 3rd being mother in-law)who I really really get along with. And even with her being tall she managed the fold down loveseat for sleeping ok. The Star sfsquare footage is the same as the Dawn.

This was Alaska cruise so other than sleeping and bathing we didn't spend much time in cabin.

We would do it again, so I don't think y'll have a problem on the Dawn

First, off BA, BB, BC are pretty much all the same on a particular ship.

As to 136 vs 166 sq ft. If you are crowded with in one of these cabins, I am thinking you would be just as crowded in the other. If the cabin is 10 ft wide, that would make the total depth only 3 foot more. No idea is some of that sq ft is in the bathroom or not.

In any event, you still have the same issues. It is basically one bedroom with nowhere else to go. Some people do fine with 3-4 people, others can not even begin to comprehend it. Heck, many couples have enough trouble sharing one cabin with varied sleep habits, etc.

To those that can share, more power to you!

First, off BA, BB, BC are pretty much all the same on a particular ship.

As to 136 vs 166 sq ft. If you are crowded with in one of these cabins, I am thinking you would be just as crowded in the other. If the cabin is 10 ft wide, that would make the total depth only 3 foot more. No idea is some of that sq ft is in the bathroom or not.

Yes, I know the BA, BB, BC etc. are the same in size. I'm trying to determine if the BA at 166 sq ft will allow more room for a person to pass the foot of the bed, or specifically to pass the foot of the pull out sofa to go to the balcony when the pull out sofa is made up. I was hoping for a foot more width! ha

I just experienced the 136 sq ft BA on Pof A. Wanted to compare that to the Ba on Dawn. Thanks

You will need the extra sq ft. for 3 people. It won't be as tight as the POA would be.

Thank goodness. We had to take turns unpacking, one at a time!

We were on the Star a couple years ago in a BA with 3 people (the 3rd being mother in-law)who I really really get along with. And even with her being tall she managed the fold down loveseat for sleeping ok. The Star sfsquare footage is the same as the Dawn.

Our 3rd pax is short but I don't think the sofa (judging from PofA) is large enough to sleep on without pulling it out. Therein the problem lies.

My concern is that when the sofa is pulled out if you can get by it to go to the balcony, or if the person in the pull out can get by the main bed to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night without tripping or falling onto someone! Thanks

My concern is that when the sofa is pulled out if you can get by it to go to the balcony, or if the person in the pull out can get by the main bed to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night without tripping or falling onto someone! Thanks

Its very tight and you will most likely have to climb over to get to balcony with loveseat open.

Archived