Quick ? re Summit's port holes or window cabins

flashdog_1

It's been several years since I've sailed Summit, so forgive my question. It looks as if the first 3 cabins forward on deck 2 are portholes, and anything aft of them are full circle windows. Can anyone cfm this for any M class ship? Found a great price and want to jump on it, but want this info first. None of the higher categories of ocean view are on this sale. Thanks!

It's been several years since I've sailed Summit, so forgive my question. It looks as if the first 3 cabins forward on deck 2 are portholes, and anything aft of them are full circle windows. Can anyone cfm this for any M class ship? Found a great price and want to jump on it, but want this info first. None of the higher categories of ocean view are on this sale. Thanks!

Hi,

I don't believe those portholes are associated with staterooms, though we have not been in a cabin near that location on the M-class of ships.

The evidence I offer is this. Take a look at this photo from our recent Millennium cruise:

http://image69.webshots.com/769/7/99/22/2743799220099099348nLZeFT_fs.jpg

If you enlarge this to full screen, you can clearly see all the port side staterooms on Deck 2. The deck plans show 41 staterooms forward of the Midship area where the lower gangway is in this photo. Comparing the number of windows to the deck plans, I count 41 staterooms forward of the Midship area.

Therefore, those 3 small portholes are likely not associated with cabins.

Hope this helps. Hope it's accurate, too. ;)

CM

Archived