Pompeii on Discovery Channel

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the show. It was really well done and I still plan to visit Pompeii however a potential eruption could be a slight snag in the plans.

Essentially, I hope she/he (don't know the sex of a volcano ....lol) never blows again !! however the price of the excursion would be severely discounted if it erupts.

We have visited twice....and recognized (easily) some of the "buildings" and "body casts" when they flashed back.....I remember both times we did the tour standing there - down in the town - and looking toward the volcano and wondering just how horrible it would be....could be.

Enjoyed this special - thanks for the reminder.

Princess should get ahold of this and show it the night before we sail into Naples. I would love to see it again. It will be our second visit to Pompeii and even more meaningful now.

Secondly I think about lovely Mt. St Helens that I cans see very nicely from here in Portland. I sure dont want to be one of the next set of human casts. It made me realize how lucky we were when St Helens blew last time. I watched the mountain blow up from the top the hospital on the west hills where I worked. To say the least it was sensational but now scary in perspective.

Archived