Air Flight Out of Rome

AGG3

We will be disembarking from the Azamara Journey in Rome and was wondering what time would be safe to book a flight back home to the US? The itinerary says that we arrive at 5:00AM, but I don’t know how long it would take to clear customs and get to the Rome airport. I can book a flight at 10:40 AM, which has good connections or wait until 12:20 and book a flight with terrible connections. Any thoughts? I would love to take the 10:40 AM flight, but I don’t know if that will give us enough time to disembark and check in to the Delta flight at the Rome airport. Thank you in advance for any help.

We will be disembarking from the Azamara Journey in Rome and was wondering what time would be safe to book a flight back home to the US? The itinerary says that we arrive at 5:00AM, but I don’t know how long it would take to clear customs and get to the Rome airport. I can book a flight at 10:40 AM, which has good connections or wait until 12:20 and book a flight with terrible connections. Any thoughts? I would love to take the 10:40 AM flight, but I don’t know if that will give us enough time to disembark and check in to the Delta flight at the Rome airport. Thank you in advance for any help.

I have cruised and ended up in Rome twice. I highly recommend that you book a flight at around 2:00pm (or later).

Have a private guide (Try Stefano at Rome Cabs) take you to Ostia Antica prior to going to the airport. It is 15 minutes away, and amazing. We liked it better than Pompei. He or his driver will watch your luggage and get your tickets, map and show you a route you can take for an hour or so. Have you tried Lufthansa or SWISS?

If there is no traffic it takes 1 hr. to get to the Rome airport. We were able to get off the Quest just before 6:30. Speak with the people at Rome Cabs. Ask them if they think your airlines and time is doable for the international flight.

Good Luck

Traffic is notorious in Rome...I definitely think a afternoon flight is a must. I would never cut things that close in Rome. I too am ending my cruise in Rome and booked a afternoon flight out and had even considered staying one night in Rome to make it less stressful. But, I was able to find a flight I agreed would be okay. It is my second time at FCO and I know that lines are horrible, nothing is predictable there and it is chaos at best. Take it easy and book a late flight.

AGG3, I'd go ahead and book the 10:40 AM flight. Yes, FCO is chaotic but you should not have a problem. Our cab dropped us at the wrong terminal but we still were able to hustle, get through the lines, and even enjoy a final Italian espresso before departure. Enjoy your cruise!

AGG3,

Does the phrase "Better safe than sorry" have a familiar ring? If you book the earlier flight, you'll probably worry throughout the cruise whether you've left enough time to make the flight. What if the ship is late getting into Civitavecchia?

Travel can be stressful enough. Why add to your stress level? Book the later flight.

Archived