cruising while pregnant

akinohio25

Hello i have a quick question. has anyone went on a cruise while pregnant if so how far along were you and is there a cut off date as to when you cant cruise with carnival. and also did you have to have a form from your doctor to board?

thanks in advance

krista

Hello i have a quick question. has anyone went on a cruise while pregnant if so how far along were you and is there a cut off date as to when you cant cruise with carnival. and also did you have to have a form from your doctor to board?

A quote from Carnival's policy.......

"Please be advised that guests who are 27 weeks or more into their pregnancy at the time of the voyage will not be permitted to sail due to the risk of premature labor."

Be prepared with a note from your doctor if you are close to that mark. Carnival reps will not take your word for it and may deny you boarding.

Generally, anyone in her third trimester of pregnancy is not permitted to sail. There's a huge liability issue here, and cruise lines are inflexible on this matter. Medical certification is required, including the anticipated due date. If there's a question one way or the other, the line will err on the side of caution and deny boarding.

Al

thanks in advance

krista

This is the exact question I was about to ask! Krista, when are you due? We have our first cruise planned for May on Carnival Pride, and I just found out I was pregnant. I hadn't even thought of the cruise liner allowing women onboard, I was just thinking of whether we wanted to go or not. Anyone have any opinions on cruising while pregnant? If you've done it, would you do it again? I should be about 5 months along, and if we don't do it now it may not be for quite awhile (3 kids already; not sure when my parents will be okay with watching FOUR kids!:eek: ). Also, we're dealing with the expenses of a cruise (about $2500 when it's all said and done), vs. the financial stress of another baby. I know it's a personal decision, but I really appreciate all the people here on the boards, and their experience in cruising! So, "advice" away! Except for making a mention that four kids is a lot... I agree, but there's not a whole lot I can do at this point! :p

Thanks! Laura C.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_minor_pregnancy_policy.aspx

It looks like if you will enter your 27th week of pregnancy during the cruise week, you will not be able to board. They do not want to take the risk of a woman going into premature labor, you do not want to risk yourself and baby by not having proper medical care available. Perhaps you could go a few weeks earlier?

I cruised 19 years ago while six months pregnant. I don't know what the rules are now. However, the cruise was great. Because I was pregnant, everyone was so attentive and protective.

My husband and I will be sailing on the Carnival Legend on May 29 this year in celebration of our 25th anniversary.

Good luck to all of you ladies.

Most cruise lines start their restrictions at week(s) 26/27, so if you're going to be at that point in your pregnancy, you won't be allowed to cruise. It's probably a good thing because cruise ships aren't set up to handle pre-natal emergencies. The cruise lines are very strict about this and you will have to bring a letter from your doctor giving your exact number of weeks.

Archived