Margaritaville AND snorkel?? Is it possible in one day?

michconn

We are going on the Carnival Triumph and will be in Cozumel from 9AM to 5PM. Is it possible to visit Margaritaville AND snorkel and still make it back to the boat on time? Who would you recommend for a couple of hours snorkeling? Thanks.

We are going on the Carnival Triumph and will be in Cozumel from 9AM to 5PM. Is it possible to visit Margaritaville AND snorkel and still make it back to the boat on time? Who would you recommend for a couple of hours snorkeling? Thanks.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!

You'll have plenty of time for both...

Check the Cozumel Ports of Call board for the best information about snorkeling...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

I'm betting that you would have time to return to the ship, change and catch a cab to Margaritaville for a few hours! The cab from Puerta Maya will cost you six or seven bucks for up to four people...

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

:)

Thanks, Eagle Ray looks interesting. Do you know where it's located? Do you get it as an Excursion package from Carnival or do we have to take a taxi to Eagle Ray and pay for it seperately from the cruise?

Eagle Ray is not through the ship.

You book it on your own and then take a taxi to the Caleta marina (maybe $6). It isn't far from the cruise ship pier. Last time I went with them, I sent a deposit to Arkansas (where Chellie is from) and paid the rest when I got there. Looks like now they take Paypal.

They do have a toll free number you can call.

I notice that Margaritaville appears to be right where the ships dock. Do all Carnival ships dock there? We are on the Destiny in 6/2010 and would love to visit Margaritaville if it's close.

Also, is it child-friendly if we wanted to bring our kids with us? Otherwise, we'd leave them with the grandparents on the ship. :)

I notice that Margaritaville appears to be right where the ships dock. Do all Carnival ships dock there? We are on the Destiny in 6/2010 and would love to visit Margaritaville if it's close.

Also, is it child-friendly if we wanted to bring our kids with us? Otherwise, we'd leave them with the grandparents on the ship. :)

The VAST majority of the time Carnival ships dock at Puerta Maya, Carnival's own dock at Coz. The pictures above were taken when Carnival was still making port at Punta Langosta, near town.

It's a seven dollar cab ride for four people to the town, San Miguel, where Margaritaville is. Kid friendly? Yeah... pretty much. There's nothing there that's R rated but there's not a lot of kid activities...

:)

We were kind of disappointed with M'ville, it wasn't really

what we had hoped for. We have been to a few M'villes and

it was basically like the rest, not too big, smallish restaurant

area, and a beach that was roped off/closed when we were

there. Other than a few things they sell only by individual

retail location, you see one, you've seen them all.

Yeah, we are ParrotHeads but I am not the kind that will say

everything Buffett is great if it isn't.

(Like Carnival Cheerleaders, but so far, I have nothing bad

to say about Carnival;))

But, Check it out, you might love it:)

Archived