Will Allure be built any different than Oasis?

bowlman23

Is Oasis and Allure going to be virtually identical, or will they take feedback from Oasis and implement it on Allure?

I was wondering if it may be smarter to book my cruise on Allure because some of the issues people are reporting (overcrowding in certain areas, A/C positioning in the rooms, etc.)may be fixed on Allure.

What are your thoughts?

Lets apply a little common sense here. Both ships are being built from design prints that surely went through hundreds of modifications before the necessary permits were issued and construction could begin. Allure is deep into construction now so any structural changes are almost impossible. They can't just add some additional windows or increase the size of the ducting, just as an example at this late date. I can assume some of the artwork will be different and perhaps there might be some color difference in the carpeting and other furnishings but otherwise they will be carbon copies of each other.

During my conversation with Architect Scott Wilson I asked him that same thing and he said they have a list of things that will are being changed or will be changed on Allure that they learned from building Oasis. Now time will tell how obvious or hidden these changes will be but the general structure of the ship will be the same.

I think any changes that would be made would have to be changes that could be accomplished during a dry dock. Anything bigger than that would have needed to of been planned for and started on before the Oasis launched. That means that they could change walls in public spaces, move or change stores/restaurants, and of course anything cosmetic. Unfortunately anything bigger such as a change to the cabins would not be possible as those have been getting installed for awhile now.

I think any changes that would be made would have to be changes that could be accomplished during a dry dock. Anything bigger than that would have needed to of been planned for and started on before the Oasis launched. That means that they could change walls in public spaces, move or change stores/restaurants, and of course anything cosmetic. Unfortunately anything bigger such as a change to the cabins would not be possible as those have been getting installed for awhile now.

^^^Exactly.... small changes, but nothing major that wasn't put into the ships design from day one.

I predict some of the stores or other commercial outlets may change. I remember, for example, how quickly the cozy book store on Freedom of the Seas disappeared. That slot became the Loyalty Ambassador's office.

Although I loved the idea of the cupcake store, many times when I walked by it was empty of customers. In contrast, the Logo Gift shop was often so crowded it was hard to even get in. That may change (I hope.)

I hope the outlets UNDER the desk will be placed on top again, but it might be too late. Two different crew on Oasis told me Allure is finished! I'm not sure what they meant, but I do fear that it might be too late for some physical and structural changes.

The ice show will be different and probably the Broadway show. Perhaps the Aqua Show will be different too, at least slightly.

The enticing smell of pizza cooking permeates a large area of the Prominade. That is good, except that the pizza smell overwhelms the welcoming coffee smell at the nearby Mondo Cafe coffee outlet. Without that great smell, the coffee is not so attractive and this spot lacked customers.

If I were King of RCI, I'd find a way to tone down the Pizza smell or keep that yummy smell and move the Mondo Cafe coffee place to a location where it can shine on its own. That might be too hard to do though, given the present realities of the Oasis design.

Oh, another thing I would add would be those popular South Florida water misters in the Central Park. That area can get really hot during the day, especially around noon. I also think the plants would appreciate those misters too. They would have to look somehow unobtrusive though or they would detract from the beauty.

The smell from Sorrento's indeed overwhelms the Promenade. Better ventilation is needed. I liked the pizza but the smell got to be annoying after a while.

I was told by one bartender that the Bolero's bar might be in a different location on the Allure - and I mean the actual bar not the whole room. He said the bar would be where the dance floor is in the Oasis Bolero's.

They need to look at better sound proofing in the forward cabins (under the bridge). Every toilet flush could be heard from surrounding cabins.

Given the state of construction of the Allure she will be to all intents and purposes a cookie cutter version of the Oasis. as noted there may be a few minor cosmetic changes and some effort made to rectify any significant SNAFUS that come to light once Oasis has been in Service for a while, but any other changes will fall on the pocket of the RCCL senior management which will be hard pressed to find the funding to warrant any wish list changes unless absolutely necessary.

The yard will basically have carte blanche to charge whatever they want to make any requested changes so it may be that RCCL have to undertake any mods on the first transatlantic crossing.

I have read about the very low sinks in the cabin bathrooms. I'm not tall by any means, but I still prefer to have a standard if not higher than standard height sink. Some folks were joking (at least I HOPE they were joking) that they had to get on their knees to use the sink to brush their teeth. Hopefully, TPTB are listening and will provide standard height sinks in the cabin bathrooms.

On last week's Inaugural I was told there would be (at that point) 2400 changes on Allure compared to Oasis....now a lot of those changes may not be big or very noticable but there will be changes. It may be small things like a shelf being moved or made bigger or even stores or eateries being removed. Seafood shack was rumoured to be not be on Allure but until this is confirmed it is just a rumour really.

Things can be changed at late stage...for example...for those of us who have been on Oasis...did you see the wings over the bridge that we could stand out on? Well the decision to make them open to the pax was only done on the crossing to FLL...a lot of $$$$$$$ was spent on them and whoosh there we go a fantastic new thing onboard that wasnt on the plans when she left Turku.

Another change was in the Concierge Lounge..there was a bar in the middle of the room...but whoosh..it was removed and more space for chairs was added.

I really wish they could do big changes...like make the cabins bigger and add more drawer space etc...but I cant see that happening but hey we can hope :D

Archived