Need info on Grenada

CathyG

We will be on the Empress and stop in Grenada on Sunday. Jumbie said that the stores will be closed. As we will be at the new pier I'd like to know if there is taxi service available and will the Grand Anse craft market be open if everything else is closed. Thanks.

Cathy

Most "normal stores" but although I couldn't say for certain, some tourist-oriented ones will likely be open. The vendors will probably be at the port as well, but again, it's not something I'm familiar with.

The market at the beach will be open (this I know cause I'm there on Sundays) and taxis won't be a problem. At the very least, the water taxis won't be. The beach is usually full of visitors on the weekend, and they had to have gotten there somehow :)

Thanks again Jumbie. Don't know what we'd do without you!! Hopefully my last question is - where do we go to get a water taxi when we exit the ship. I know you must have said where they are at some point in time so sorry for asking again. Can't say thanks enough times.

Cathy

Still not sure on the water taxis + new port. They have to be available though nearby though cause, like I mentioned, the beach was full of visitors last Sunday when the Empress and Aida Vita were in and I did see them bringing people to the beach.

Simply ask at the Welcome Centre (actually, when I was at the port on Wednesday they had a covered table set up outside as I think they are still working on the interior of the building) and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Archived