Kudos to Carnival on Elation Food

San Diego Ellie

Much to our surprise, the food on Elation during our November cruise was the best we have experienced on any cruise. We have been on Celebrity, Princess and Royal Caribbean. The couple we travelled with had been on Holland America and Oceania as well, and they agreed with us that the food was the best ever.

It's not surprising in the least...

Cruise Critic just very recently published their 2009 'Best of' list... Carnival was awarded Bests in buffet and main dining food. Now, that's not just mass market lines like Royal, Princess, NCL, etc... that's ALL cruise lines!!

:)

Much to our surprise, the food on Elation during our November cruise was the best we have experienced on any cruise. We have been on Celebrity, Princess and Royal Caribbean. The couple we travelled with had been on Holland America and Oceania as well, and they agreed with us that the food was the best ever.

Glad to hear this. We are booked to sail on Elation in a little over a week and had been worried about some recent reviews. Can you elaborate a bit more? Did you eat at the main dining room mostly? Buffett? What did you have? Also my DH wants to know if they served Escargot? It is one of his favorite "cruise" foods.

Thanks!!!

We sailed on the Elation twice this year (just got back in fact) and we really enjoyed the food, both buffet and MDR. Dh even commented that he thought the food had improved since our January cruise. On our January cruise, we mostly ate in the MDR, but on this cruise we at in both locales because of the kids. The new Mongolian BBQ was very good, but the lines were very long. Tip, get in line as soon as they open. Let me know if you have any other questions.

We just got off Carnival Elation on Friday. Really enjoyed MDR, Buffet, and Room Service :) Some Buffet items were not my favs but most were good.

And this was a great deal of a cruise @ CA resident rates but i could detect no cutting of corners from previous Carnival cruises

Tom in Long Beach

Glad to hear this. We are booked to sail on Elation in a little over a week and had been worried about some recent reviews. Can you elaborate a bit more? Did you eat at the main dining room mostly? Buffett? What did you have? Also my DH wants to know if they served Escargot? It is one of his favorite "cruise" foods.

Thanks!!!

I am pretty sure Jimmy was not on the Elation;)

Wow, we were on her in September and had the complete opposite opinion. Two of the three nights we did not eat our entrees. The dining room menu was just uninspired. The buffet offered very little variety and the pizza is the the worst of the mass markets. I have heard a lot about how Carnival food has been a strong point, but we just did not see it.

I know that taste buds are different for everyone, but this was the worst of the past 10-15 cruises I was on... and the worst of any Carnival ship I have been on.

Archived