HELP! Atlantis--Room at Comfort Suites or RCCL Tour?

bluegirlum

We're heading out on Majesty tomorrow and BF now wants to go to Atlantis. I'm such a planner that had I more than 2 days to figure this out I would've done my homework, but instead I'm sitting in the airport trying to figure this out. Has anyone done the $145 RCCL Atlantis thing? Should we just book a room at the Comfort Suites? If so, what's the process? Just book the room, head over there, check in and then go back to Atlantis?

I'm sure the answer is on here somewhere, but I don't have time to search. Thanks!!

I did do plenty of research (we leave on Monarch 12/21) and we are doing the comfort suites, for a family of 4 it was definitely the cheapest option, for more info go onto the ports of call threads and look under Bahamas, there is a ton of info over there.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

You book CS in advance. As in, call them today and make a reservation. Or call Atlantis and book a room there (compare the prices obviously before you commit)

If the price of a room at CS or Atlantis is less than $290 - then book the rooms. But REMEMBER that CS and Atlantis have a "electricity and housekeeping surcharge". Its a per person charge. And you have to pay taxes on the room. So make sure it is less than the RCCL excursion.

But for us, we have 4 people in the fam, so its always cheaper to book directly with the hotels.

Looks like the rooms are running around $250 to $280 (depending on if you have AAA) right now at Comfort Suites. For our family of four the extra fees came to about $50 on top of the room rate, plus $20 there and $20 back for cab fare. So if you are taking more than 2 people it could be a savings, otherwise it looks like the ship tour would be your best bet (I'm assuming that includes the waterpark area).

If you use the Comfort Suites, you simply show up in the morning and tell them you want to check and check out at the same time. They will give you something you can exchange for wristbands at the towel cabana and you are set for the day. There are taxis waiting at the end of the pier that will cost you approx $4-5 pp, just make sure you don't have to wait for them to fill the van up.

Have a great time!

We just did Atlantis last tuesday and booked the Comfort Suite. I was able to get a room with AAA for a total of $205 with taxes. It was perfect, got off the ship and took a cab over for $8, checked in got our room right then, dropped off a change of clothes and headed over to the Atlantis. They give you a card to show at one of the towel shacks where you get your wrist bands. Then it is off to a day of fun and sun. The pools close at 5pm so we headed back, took showers and got into clean clothes. Headed back to the Atlantis and did some shopping at the shops by the pier and dinner at Murry's Deli (about the cheapest thing). We checked out around 8:30 and headed back to the ship. They had a cab at the hotel that we took back. This was so well worth it!!!!

We just did Atlantis last tuesday and booked the Comfort Suite. I was able to get a room with AAA for a total of $205 with taxes. It was perfect, got off the ship and took a cab over for $8, checked in got our room right then, dropped off a change of clothes and headed over to the Atlantis. They give you a card to show at one of the towel shacks where you get your wrist bands. Then it is off to a day of fun and sun. The pools close at 5pm so we headed back, took showers and got into clean clothes. Headed back to the Atlantis and did some shopping at the shops by the pier and dinner at Murry's Deli (about the cheapest thing). We checked out around 8:30 and headed back to the ship. They had a cab at the hotel that we took back. This was so well worth it!!!!

This describes what we are thinking our day will be like when we do this in Feb when docked in Nassau. We have our room booked at the Comfort Suites already. Don't know about where we're going for dinner yet, we'd like to find a casual place that might have some seafood if we can.

Archived