Serenade AFT Cabin 8168

I just booked AFT Cabin 8186 for the Serenade of the Seas for B2B Caribbean cruises in Jan/Feb 2011.

I have read a lot in this RCI forum about the AFT cabins including searching for “cabin 8168”. I wanted to get some first hand information from anyone that may have stayed in this cabin (SOS Cabin 8168).

1. Did you like it and would you book it again?

2. I believe the balcony for this cabin is extra wide, stretching out to the port side. Can anyone confirm this?

3. Does this cabin have a lounger in addition to two chairs and a table?

4. I have read that these AFT cabin balconies get very hot (compared to the side facing cabins) in the Caribbean. Is there enough of an overhang from above to stay out of the direct sun light?

5. Is it too hot due to direct sunlight on the AFT cabin balconies to sit outside during the day in the Caribbean during Jan & Feb or is it equally as hot on the balconies of the side facing cabins?

I could have selected a “Hump Cabin 9576 but decided on AFT Cabin 8168. Does anyone have an opinion as to what they would have selected (AFT 8168 or Hump 9576) and why?

Thank you

Art

here is a link to the aft balconies a picture.. http://media.photobucket.com/image/brilliance%20of%20the%20seas%20aft%20cabins/sclmkl/aftwcabins.jpg,

not personally but had family stay in the cabin it was really nice, i personally think there is enough of a over hang i never got to hot sitting out on the balconie.. i prefer afts and i agree with your choice for the aft

We did it twice once in April this year and also November this year so guess that answers one of your questions. We had 2 chairs a table and 2 loungers. Yes it is wider than most other cabins. Yes there is an overhang so you usually can have some part of the balcony under shade but not always. Its does get hot back there at times. I've never done a hump cabin so can't compare but if I can get an aft corner cabin that is my first choice. Some of the reasons are it is very quiet back there and I enjoy sitting on the balcony and watching the wake. Hope that helps.

We had this cabin last January on the Serenade and we just loved it. We had one chair and two loungers, but one of them had to be sideways because the right side of the balcony goes into a pie shaped area. The corner aft is nice since you only have a neighbor on one side, and for us it was our friends that came along on this cruise. The rest of our group that came with us had hump cabins, and they liked the fact that you got off the elevators and you cabin was right there, but we like the extra large balconies that the aft has to offer.

Probably the only negative is the long walk to the aft, especially if you forgot something in the cabin and you had to go back to get it, it took a little more time to do this. The aft is like your own little community back there with the rest of the aft-ers. In January it wasn't real hot, so not having a breeze back there wasn't too bad.

I try to get an aft cabin on every cruise we do now cause I am spoiled having the large balcony with the loungers if we want privacy, and to take an afternoon nap back there.:eek: I have some pics of the balcony, and I will tyry to post them here.

Keith

I just booked AFT Cabin 8186 for the Serenade of the Seas for B2B Caribbean cruises in Jan/Feb 2011.

I have read a lot in this RCI forum about the AFT cabins including searching for “cabin 8168”. I wanted to get some first hand information from anyone that may have stayed in this cabin (SOS Cabin 8168).

1. Did you like it and would you book it again?

2. I believe the balcony for this cabin is extra wide, stretching out to the port side. Can anyone confirm this?

3. Does this cabin have a lounger in addition to two chairs and a table?

4. I have read that these AFT cabin balconies get very hot (compared to the side facing cabins) in the Caribbean. Is there enough of an overhang from above to stay out of the direct sun light?

5. Is it too hot due to direct sunlight on the AFT cabin balconies to sit outside during the day in the Caribbean during Jan & Feb or is it equally as hot on the balconies of the side facing cabins?

I could have selected a “Hump Cabin 9576 but decided on AFT Cabin 8168. Does anyone have an opinion as to what they would have selected (AFT 8168 or Hump 9576) and why?

Thank you

Art

I had this cabin on Serenade on our Panama Canal cruise and I LOVED IT! I'm an aft cabin person, anyhow, and book them whenever possible. The balcony does wrap around a little (you can peek around the side but not really walk there), I forget how many chairs and loungers there were, but there were plenty, There was minimal coverage (it rained in the canal and we got wet by the rail but could stay dry by the door), but in my experience, it's hot on an balcony in the Caribbean...when you are facing the sun! Don't worry, you'll love it. And the long walk is great for calorie burning (although not so great if you have just closed down the disco, hee hee!) ;):rolleyes:

Here are a couple of balcony pics from Serenade of the Seas cabin 8168. They are not the best photos, but they will give you an idea of the space you'll have on the balcony.

It did get a little warm while we were in port, but if you spend most of the day actually in port, it's not a problem. The view is spectacular and there is nothing better than watching the scenery and the wake as you leave a port in the afternoon. Breakfast on the balcony can't be beat, either! I'd book the cabin again in a heartbeat.:)

87906192_serenadeoftheseas103.jpg.a182104f65cc9b2d734479f6c5a0e14d.jpg

1569043584_chairfacingsideofship.jpg.326ccc96e8c114b716244d35d1bbcdc0.jpg

Archived