Are there laundry facilities on the Jewel?

lilkrz

I will be taking a two week cruise on the Jewel and will need to do laundry. I've been on the Dawn and they only offered you fill a bag of cloths to wash for $25. Does the Jewel offer your do it yourself laundry facilties? If not, what was your experience with having them wash your cloths. I have horribile visions of everything coming back srunk and unwearable. If you give them items like pants will they come back pressed and on a hanger? If I let them do the laundry what should I let them wash or not.

Thanks

Laundry service is okay, the separate white and colors, but I think they wash everything with hot water.

(this observation based on a visit to the laundry facility on a tour)

If you're in a villa, they press clothes, even t-shirts and put them on hangers. The whites are delivered in a wicker basket... sorta neat.

Years ago on the Sky they boiled white underwear to the point that the elastic was five degrees from complete incineration

As someone already said, there are no self-service laundries on any NCL ships.

We had clothes washed twice on our 16 day cruise, taking advantage of the $25 per bag special. Reading the "small print", for $5 more, we could get things ironed as well. Each time everything came back to our room neatly folded, pants and shirts on hangars. If the clothes were out of our cabin by 10 a.m., we had them back by 6 p.m. the next night.

But then, we don't take anything that is really delicate, like silks or laces or that need special treatment...basically wash-and-wear garments. But nothing was stretched, faded, or in any way ruined.

Archived