Help Please... Blue Lagoon or Atlantis Sea Lions!?!?

mandyc3383

I have searched page after page and still am in need of some help. I would really like to do a Sea Lion Encounter while in Nassau and have read about the encounter at Atlantis and the one at Blue Lagoon. I haven't found too much about the actual experience but have seen some people post that they have participated in the encounters.

If anyone has done the Sea Lion encounter at Atlantis or Blue Lagoon please tell me about your experience. Was it worth the money in your opinion? How much interaction time was there actually with the Sea Lions? Did you enter the water with the animals, stand on a platform, or not enter water at all? What was the behind the scenes tour like? What did you get to see behind the scenes? What type of interactions did you have with the Sea Lions?

Thank you soooo much!!!!

I have searched page after page and still am in need of some help. I would really like to do a Sea Lion Encounter while in Nassau and have read about the encounter at Atlantis and the one at Blue Lagoon. I haven't found too much about the actual experience but have seen some people post that they have participated in the encounters.

If anyone has done the Sea Lion encounter at Atlantis or Blue Lagoon please tell me about your experience. Was it worth the money in your opinion? How much interaction time was there actually with the Sea Lions? Did you enter the water with the animals, stand on a platform, or not enter water at all? What was the behind the scenes tour like? What did you get to see behind the scenes? What type of interactions did you have with the Sea Lions?

Thank you soooo much!!!!

We have done the Sea lions twice.. and loved it. Once just the two of us. Once with the grands.

The "class" takes about 15 minutes and was quite interesting.. even for the kids. Then an photo op with Murray.. who is a character.. then the interaction.. on a platform in the water which is about 2 foot of water..

Time with the sea lion was about 30 minutes in the water. It was just the two of us the first time.. 5 the second. If there are more people. it would take a bit longer.

Here's a couple of photo's - http://travel.webshots.com/album/569019735ZTMpfa

Hi,

Great pics. I have a couple (OK- ALOT, lol) of questions about Blue Lagoon. If you do a ship excursion (NCL), can we then hang out on the beach for the rest of the day?

Do you wear your swimsuit or do you have to wear a wet suit? I wouldn't want to put others through the horror of me in a wet suit!

Can I do the Sea Lions and/or the beach on my own and not through the ship?

Sorry for all the questions. We have never been to Nassau. On most of our cruises, we don't do excursions. We do it on our own. But I am usually more familiar with the port when I do that.

Hi,

Great pics. I have a couple (OK- ALOT, lol) of questions about Blue Lagoon. If you do a ship excursion (NCL), can we then hang out on the beach for the rest of the day?

Do you wear your swimsuit or do you have to wear a wet suit? I wouldn't want to put others through the horror of me in a wet suit!

Can I do the Sea Lions and/or the beach on my own and not through the ship?

Sorry for all the questions. We have never been to Nassau. On most of our cruises, we don't do excursions. We do it on our own. But I am usually more familiar with the port when I do that.

Participants of any of the animal encounters are allowed to use the beach. (except Sunday and Thursdays)..

For an additional fee, you can get a lunch/ watertoys pass as well.

In the summer months, a swimsuit will do. From November - March, a wetsuit is usually warranted.

You can book the excursions independently at www.dolphinencounters.com. You would need to get to the Paradise Island ferry terminal to catch the ferry to Blue lagoon. .. a quick $5pp - 10 minute cab ride away. The ferry to the island is very enjoyable.. and takes about 20 minutes.

Mandyc3383, we'll be on OAS in March and I was looking at doing the dolphin swim and saw there were 2 different vendors. Please let us know which one you went with and how your experience was when you return.

Thanks

Steve

Participants of any of the animal encounters are allowed to use the beach. (except Sunday and Thursdays)..

For an additional fee, you can get a lunch/ watertoys pass as well.

In the summer months, a swimsuit will do. From November - March, a wetsuit is usually warranted.

You can book the excursions independently at www.dolphinencounters.com. You would need to get to the Paradise Island ferry terminal to catch the ferry to Blue lagoon. .. a quick $5pp - 10 minute cab ride away. The ferry to the island is very enjoyable.. and takes about 20 minutes.

Thanks for the info. I think we're gonna make a game time decision for Nassau. We may do the beach and sea lions or Atlantis, or the Sheraton. Still not sure, lol.

Mandyc3383, we'll be on OAS in March and I was looking at doing the dolphin swim and saw there were 2 different vendors. Please let us know which one you went with and how your experience was when you return.

Thanks

Steve

We won'ty be going until August. I'm an early planner. lol

Archived