Comment Cards??

dmk

Do you fill them out?
How seriously do you take them?

I have always filled out the Comment Cards re my ship experience with great thought. The Hotel Manager had explained to me that they were read carefully and seriously.

On our last cruise on the Summit in March, I commented on good and bad experiences.

1. After being on 7 Celebrity Cruises on different ships, I have found the menus to be exactly the same and on the same days of the week. I wrote thate it would be nice to see some variation.
I am pleased to see that Celebrity will soon be starting to offer different choices soon.

2.I don't go to the shows that much anymore because many of them have been repeated on many ships over the years.
I am pleased to see that there will be some change in shows and that Celebrity has teamed up with Cirque Du Soleil.

3.On this past cruise, I found that Guest Relations to be very unfriendly. They were not helpful and I felt as if I was bothering them when I had a question. This was a pity because they are the go between for guests and hotel services. I must add that this was my first time I have ever had this problem.

Besides the above, which are yes, negative, I have too many superlatives to add here.

What kind of things do you mention on your comment cards? Do you fill them out?

[img]http://animatedgif.net/fireexplosions/4thofjuly-1_e0.gif[/img] [img]http://animatedgif.net/flags/flagscan/canada2_2_e0.gif[/img] [img]http://animatedgif.net/flags/flagsusa/usa-white_e0.gif[/img]

We always fill out the comment cards because it does seem to count for the jobs of the cabin steward and the dining room staff. I have had numerous waiters mention to me how important it is for them to get a good rating on the comment cards. What I find annoying is that very little space is provided if you want to write in any comments of your own. It makes it seems as if they only wnat your comments on specific things and don't really care if your concerns are not addressed by the areas mentioned on the card.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">
<param name="font" value="lcdb0">
<param name="year" value=2004>
<param name="month" value=03>
<param name="day" value=19>
<param name="hour" value=17>
</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

I too always fill them out. Last cruise our waiter really stressed how important these comments are. He said they posted whoever got the best comments. I don't know how they determine that, but he was very insistent that we fill them out. He even wrote down both his and his assistant's name down on a piece of paper for each one of us so we would spell it correctly on the sheets. We were glad to fill out the sheets because he was WONDERFUL.

Terri

Skyward - 1989
Carnivale - 1991
Holiday - 1994
Fantasy - 1998
Century - 2002
Century - 2003
Inspiration - 7/04
Century - 9/04
Coral Princess 3/05

Yes, I do fill them out and I give them an honest review of my cruise. I tell them the good and the bad. My last cruise I also wrote a letter and sent it to Celebrity. I actually got a telephone call from Celebrity about the letter I wrote and how they take these things seriously. They wanted to make sure I knew they they were going to forward the letter to the ship Guest Relations also.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;18;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
7 Night Eastern Carribean on Infinity

Big Red Boat II – New York to Canada/New England, August 2000
Regal Empress – New York to Canada/New England, August 2001
Millennium – 10 Night Southern Caribbean, August 2002
Millennium – 13 Night Mediterranean, August 2003
Infinity – Eastern Caribbean, April 2004

Hello dmk
we just got back from the Millennium Panama Canal cruise and yes as always we did fill out the comment cards. From what I know and what I have read in the past (posted by some very knowledeable cruiser Oceangypsy) the cards are the most important document used to rate the cruise, the ship and all the crew. They are all numbered, guarded and forwarded to the Miami.
If one needs to add more comments, attach another sheet of paper and note that on the original form.
I rate accordingly to services rendered but I also have realistic demands and expectations keeping in mind the cost of the cruise and not expecting miracles. If there was nothing wrong it will definietely be "excellent".
Wes

My son is has been on Millie for the past 6 months (he is part of the Sea Tones, the acapella group). There are worse ways for a young man to spend the winter!!! He stresses how important the comments are. Each week his group(as are all the crew) gets thier marks. Anything below a 90 is considered a failure. They weigh the comments as Excelent is 100, very good is only 75. Unless you have a many 100's your rating will be low. God forbid you only get a 'good' (50) rating.
Everyone should be honest and fill out the cards. Some cruises they only get 250 cards returned.

I know I filling out the card on our March 03 cruise on Summit. I've forgotten what all I said as basically I was pleased with the cruise. I do remember commenting on my disappointment in the dance music and suggesting that if they'd put the pianist in Michael's Club in a place where you could dance they'd improve the dance music. Will the dance music be any better on our Nov. Infinity cruise? I hope so, but frankly I doubt it based on past Celebrity experiences.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;25;23;59;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Hi robertlew,
we did like very much the Sea Tones and we enjoyed their 'tunes' during our last two week cruise on the Millennium......and Yes, we did rate them a deserved mark of "excellent".
Some of us especially after crusing on few cruises or after few trips to Vegas expect way to much from the 'crew' and nothing seems to satisfy 'our/their' unrealistic expectations....it would be good if we realized that these 'people' are just people trying to do the best they can, and doing it every week or two for a long stretch of 7 or 9 month contract is not easy. How many of us could do what they are doing and satisfy all of the 'demanding' and sometimes 'cranky' passengers.
Wes

Do you remember in the good old days when they would draw one of the comment cards for a free cruise? I am sure that if they still did that they would get more responses. We never won a free cruise but we did win a Bahama's trip once after filling out a comment card. We returned to the same resort four more times in the next two years!
We always fill out the comment cards. After cruising for over 25 years we have met so many wonderful crewmen. We have learned just how important those cards are to them. We also have posted letters after cruises for the good and the totally awful. Thank goodness the good far outweighs the bad.

Archived