transport from lax and then tour of LA back to LAX

Captain Canuck

We are booked on the Norweigan star in april. looking for transport to San Pedro for the cruise. on the way back want to do a quick tour of LA. I was thinking of renting a car to get back to LAX but apparently there are no rental agencies at the port...you have to walk to the Sheraton hotel. the cruise has a tour but its $45 and does not look like it does much. any ideas out there.

If you just have a few hours before your flight, check to see if the cruiseline offers any tours. Los Angeles is so spread out and traffic can be nasty, it is not a place to tour on your own if you are not familiar with the area. It might cost a few more $$, but could be money well spent to be able to see what you want to see.

We have been told that Enterprise is at the port. We are arriving LAX the day before, booked an SUV for pickup at LAX and will have it for the the day and are dropping it off at Enterprise in San Pedro. Since our cruise leaves on Saturday and they close at noon, they say we can drop it off at the Sheraton, no charge and scoot over to the pier. We will drop off the bags, and my wife and I will then dump the car and head back to the pier.

When I talked with the Enterprise in San Pedro, they said they would shuttle us and our bags to the ship after we drop the car off. We plan to get there around 11:00am. We will be staying at the Coast Long Beach hotel 2 nights before the cruise.

Linda

I emailed enterprise. they suggested I call the San Pedro office direct. I think I am going to take the advice about not doing it on my own. Cheaper and more fun to rent a van but I am not sure I want to deal with LA traffic on a Friday afternoon. Will probably take the cruise transfer to the ship and then take the ships tour through LA and then to the airport. A limo tour does not cost much more than the ships tour but then with the ship we will probably get off earlier. thanks for your input

We have been told that Enterprise is at the port. We are arriving LAX the day before, booked an SUV for pickup at LAX and will have it for the the day and are dropping it off at Enterprise in San Pedro. Since our cruise leaves on Saturday and they close at noon, they say we can drop it off at the Sheraton, no charge and scoot over to the pier. We will drop off the bags, and my wife and I will then dump the car and head back to the pier.

The Sheraton is right across street from the port..but the walk is still a good one..they have shuttle service

Archived