Princess Coffee card and Cocktail card

Enjoying every moment

yes this was also avail on the Island in Sept, but they would only sell it to kids! I wanted one but they said no....

Same on the Pacific, only kids, they would not sell it to adults. I even talked to the Ass't MD about it, he said they (they as on the Pacific Princess staff) were not to sell it to adults. :confused:

We just did the 12/12 Mexicio sailing on the Sapphire and we had a coupon book that offered a 2 for 1 coffee card. What a bargain!:D

yes those coupons come in handy, we had two of the coupons on our last trip so we bought two cards and got two free... of course we didn't use them entirely but will use them up on the b2b this Jan.

Sell it on ebay? If you drank 20 freshbrewed you already got back your cost -- so what is ypur complain?

I bought a coffee card this month because I like fresh brewed coffee in the mornings. I never used one punch and paid $24 plus 15% tip, talk about a money maker. My friend bought a mocktail card and they sold them to anyone of any age.

Sad for us (not moaning of course) but being in Australia by the time we read about the offer of these 2 for 1 vouchers they have gone - sob sob - I would love one before our Feb cruise if anyone has on I could get my brother in law to send stamped addressed envelope?

In any case everyone is so generous it proves what a great site this is:):D

Sad for us (not moaning of course) but being in Australia by the time we read about the offer of these 2 for 1 vouchers they have gone - sob sob - I would love one before our Feb cruise if anyone has on I could get my brother in law to send stamped addressed envelope?

In any case everyone is so generous it proves what a great site this is:):D

unfortunately the 2 for 1 coupons that were talked about here expired Dec 31 2009.

But the first post the person was willing to give away the card they used that still had punches left, now that is nice, and yes this site is great.

The mocktail card was definately only sold to people under 21 on the Island in Sept, I definately tried hard to get one on a few occassions. I hate when policies are different from ship to ship. Will look at getting it on next cruise thought, I will die trying. :D

The soda card is about $40 for 7 days and the coke and juice card is about $62. In April on Mexico cruise on Sappphire, they sold them as you walked aboard. Took the sapphire in July to Alsaka and had to go to a bar and specifically ask for the coke and juice card. I like the card as we can get pina coladas (without alcohol) or orange juice (we bring a bottle of Malibu Rum in our check on luggage). Going to Mexico on Jan 2, 2010 and will get the coke and juice card

The soda card is about $40 for 7 days and the coke and juice card is about $62. In April on Mexico cruise on Sappphire, they sold them as you walked aboard. Took the sapphire in July to Alsaka and had to go to a bar and specifically ask for the coke and juice card. I like the card as we can get pina coladas (without alcohol) or orange juice (we bring a bottle of Malibu Rum in our check on luggage). Going to Mexico on Jan 2, 2010 and will get the coke and juice card

Is the coke and juice card the one they call mocktail?;)

Sell it on ebay? If you drank 20 freshbrewed you already got back your cost -- so what is ypur complain?

Ebay, a great idea. It's ridiculous I had to pay $27.60 for 7 cups of brewed coffee which should be something served at no charge on a ship. On RCL in the cafe promenade Seattles best is offered 24/7 for no extra charge. Plain coffee should not be charged for. Now Now before you say go to RCL there are more things to consider when picking a cruise and I like Princess but this coffee thing isn't a deal breaker but is annoying.

Ebay, a great idea. It's ridiculous I had to pay $27.60 for 7 cups of brewed coffee which should be something served at no charge on a ship. On RCL in the cafe promenade Seattles best is offered 24/7 for no extra charge. Plain coffee should not be charged for. Now Now before you say go to RCL there are more things to consider when picking a cruise and I like Princess but this coffee thing isn't a deal breaker but is annoying.

If you really want to sell your card, I'd be willing to paypal you a reasonable amount for the unused card and your postage - maybe save an auction fee and help our group of 8 caffeine addicts sailing in a couple of weeks?

E-mail me at hillhouse5124 at gmail dot com to work out the details.

Dave

You can buy the brewed coffee for $1 per cup. The card is worth it for someone who likes the speciality coffees and also drinks the fresh brewed stuff. Not worth it for a light coffee drinker. And of course there is the free syrup-based coffee. Some people like it.

If you really want to sell your card, I'd be willing to paypal you a reasonable amount for the unused card and your postage - maybe save an auction fee and help our group of 8 caffeine addicts sailing in a couple of weeks?

E-mail me at hillhouse5124 at gmail dot com to work out the details.

Dave

you have mail

You can buy the brewed coffee for $1 per cup. The card is worth it for someone who likes the speciality coffees and also drinks the fresh brewed stuff. Not worth it for a light coffee drinker. And of course there is the free syrup-based coffee. Some people like it.
I agree but I don't care for the syrup based coffee and am addicted to my morning caffeine. The card also works in the dining room so after dinner with dessert it's got value again. Next time I will just pay the $1 for 7 days and come out ahead, or borrow my friends card.

In my original response, I assumed that you drank 3 or 4 cups a day! Remember if you plan to cruise Princess again you can continue to use your coffee card (some say for ever!). But selling it off now may be better.

I agree but I don't care for the syrup based coffee and am addicted to my morning caffeine. The card also works in the dining room so after dinner with dessert it's got value again. Next time I will just pay the $1 for 7 days and come out ahead, or borrow my friends card.

[quote name=kymbakitty;22351519

While I bring and make my own coffee' date=' I do enjoy a latte now and again (yes, I bring my own SF syrup too because I like sugar free white chocolate and all anyone ever has is SF Vanilla/SF Almond/SF Hazelnut).

Dawn[/quote]

I am wondering how you make your own coffee when you aren't allowed to have any heat generating devices in your cabin other than the ship provided hair dryer.

Archived