Dive Bus on Curacao?

BroncosFan2010

:)

Has anyone had any good snorkeling experience using the Dive Bus on Curacao? DH and myself are looking forward to snorkeling on our own, and using our own equipment, which is free from this location.

If you have pictures, that would be great!

We were just diving with the Dive Bus again three days ago. Suzy and Mark do a fantastic job. They are one of the best operators in the entire Caribbean and certainly the most fun one. Both are a hoot and maybe certifiable. Who knows but we would NEVER pass up a chance to dive with them. While we were there they also helped either three or four snorkelers from our same ship. They had their own snorkeling stuff still Suzy and Mark helped them and with no charge. They showed them where to find good snorkeling from their site as well as providing info on visibility and surface current.

Thye truly do a super job. Hope this is helpful info nad have a great trip.

We were just diving with the Dive Bus again three days ago. Suzy and Mark do a fantastic job. They are one of the best operators in the entire Caribbean and certainly the most fun one. Both are a hoot and maybe certifiable. Who knows but we would NEVER pass up a chance to dive with them. While we were there they also helped either three or four snorkelers from our same ship. They had their own snorkeling stuff still Suzy and Mark helped them and with no charge. They showed them where to find good snorkeling from their site as well as providing info on visibility and surface current.

Thank you so much for the review! We are definitely going to do this on our visit!

Must agree about Dive Bus! Suzy and Mark are wonderful, safe and just a great op whether it's SCUBA or snorkeling.

I've been diving with them 2 times and would go back in a heartbeat :)

Is there a place to eat, or get drinks and a snack around that area?

Yes, there's a place to eat and drink. They also have a covered area with tables and chairs to sit.

It's a great little set up and they're a great operation!

If you go, tell them "Kim (nervous Nelly) from Indiana" says "hi":)

Yes, there's a place to eat and drink. They also have a covered area with tables and chairs to sit.

It's a great little set up and they're a great operation!

If you go, tell them "Kim (nervous Nelly) from Indiana" says "hi":)

Thanks so much for answering my questions. If you don't mind, I have one more.

Do you remember what was served to eat and drink and about how much it costs?

Thanks so much for answering my questions. If you don't mind, I have one more.

Do you remember what was served to eat and drink and about how much it costs?

I don't have the menu or prices but, they served a variety of foods--sandwiches, fish, sodas, beer, etc. The prices were NOT sky high.

If you email Suzy, she's very good about answering questions (and I had a lot). You can ask her anything and she'll do her best to get you an answer.

They are very price conscious too--not over-priced on anything.

They are a really good choice on Curacao :)

Oh, I also forgot to tell you about Cheraldine ( http://www.coast2coastcuracao.com/index.php?topic=home ).

She is FANTASTIC! She will give you a great tour and/or transportation. We have used her 2 times also.

Again, tell her Kim, Puff and our now deceased Mom, Lou had great times with her. She'll remember us :)

Here's the menu for the Dive Bus Hut restaurant:

http://www.the-dive-bus.com/images/stories/S&T%20menu%20for%20divers.pdf

Oh, I also forgot to tell you about Cheraldine ( http://www.coast2coastcuracao.com/index.php?topic=home ).

She is FANTASTIC! She will give you a great tour and/or transportation. We have used her 2 times also.

Again, tell her Kim, Puff and our now deceased Mom, Lou had great times with her. She'll remember us :)

Here's the menu for the Dive Bus Hut restaurant:

http://www.the-dive-bus.com/images/stories/S&T%20menu%20for%20divers.pdf

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! We are so excited to do this now. The menu is very helpful and helps us budget.

We will be sure to tell them hello from you guys!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! We are so excited to do this now. The menu is very helpful and helps us budget.

We will be sure to tell them hello from you guys!

You're welcome. Have a great time and tell them all "hi" from us :)

Is there a place to eat, or get drinks and a snack around that area?

We had lunch in the small restaurant next to the Dive Bus hut after our diving was finished. We had the fresh catch of the day and two beers. The total was around $19.00 USD.

The food in this small eatery has always been really good during our visits. There also is a larger place adjacent to the small restaurant (one over from the Dive Bus) but we have never eaten there. Our lunch there this time was excellent.

Hope this helps. Have a safe and joyous holiday season.:)

I cannot say enough positive things about The Dive Bus. We did our scuba dives with them last week and they are top notch. Everyone there was fun, friendly, helpful and seemed to genuinely enjoy what they do.

My son's battery died on his dive computer. Since they did not have the battery there at their shop, Suzy drove us to the local store so we could purchase one. I did not expect (but did appreciate that).

I told Suzy that I could not find a bad review of the Dive Bus here on CC or Scubaboard and after spending the morning with them I can see why. She modestly said that her Mom writes all the reviews out on the internet...LOL...anyway, I strongly recommend them.

IMHO, you can't find anywhere better on Curacao to get wet than with Suzy & Mark at The Dive Bus Hut.

However, if you are going to snorkel, I would highly recommend their guided snorkel tour.

Folks that have been with us on a dive trip say that it is really worth it. The Pierbaai reef is their home area, and they know every nook and cranny and where the cool stuff hangs out. I'm actually a marine biologist, and can't spot half the stuff they do.

Gear is included in the price of the tour, so it's really quite reasonable. You really, really do not want to get in the water without dive booties - the bottom is full of knuckles and shards of coral. (That advice goes for anywhere that has good coral, BTW)

If you are feeling ambitious, you might want to consider a Discover Dive. However, I must warn you: Diving is seriously addictive. ;)

If you tell them Wendy & Keith from Florida & the rest of the folks from CC sent you, they will probably let you come anyway. ;)

Have a great trip! (wish I was going with you)

Wendy

Dive pix (including the latest Dive Bus trip last month)

http://community.webshots.com/user/wendyandkeith

2435408900055701600S425x425Q85.jpg

IMHO, you can't find anywhere better on Curacao to get wet than with Suzy & Mark at The Dive Bus Hut.

However, if you are going to snorkel, I would highly recommend their guided snorkel tour.

Folks that have been with us on a dive trip say that it is really worth it. The Pierbaai reef is their home area, and they know every nook and cranny and where the cool stuff hangs out. I'm actually a marine biologist, and can't spot half the stuff they do.

Gear is included in the price of the tour, so it's really quite reasonable. You really, really do not want to get in the water without dive booties - the bottom is full of knuckles and shards of coral. (That advice goes for anywhere that has good coral, BTW)

If you are feeling ambitious, you might want to consider a Discover Dive. However, I must warn you: Diving is seriously addictive. ;)

If you tell them Wendy & Keith from Florida & the rest of the folks from CC sent you, they will probably let you come anyway. ;)

Have a great trip! (wish I was going with you)

Wendy

Dive pix (including the latest Dive Bus trip last month)

http://community.webshots.com/user/wendyandkeith

2435408900055701600S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks so much for the info. I am really pumped about this now!

Yes, wonderful diving, friendly, professional folks, and grilled lobster for $20/person after the diving from the ultra casual restaurant (shack) next to the Dive Bus hut.

I'll be back there on my upcoming cruise in February!

Susanne

• 4 weeks later...

I was in touch with them and it seems like they have more options if you are staying on the island than if you are on a cruise ship. :confused: Not sure why. We were interested in snorkeling a few sites during our time there. How was the snorkeling right where the hut is? Did you have to take a taxi to get there? How much was that?

Also - about the dive booties - do they rent them?

Thanks!

Archived