Hyatt Regency Miami or Hotel Victor SoBe for 1 Night Pre-Cruise? HELP!

goneanddoneit

I have my choice of staying at either of these places "free" for 1 night, pre-cruise in March 2010. I suppose all those work related stays during the last few months have paid off.

Anyway, we'll be flying into MIA and taking pre-arranged transportation to the hotel from the airport. From the hotel to POM we'll be taking a taxi.

For those in the know - as this is our first cruise and first trip to Miami - please advise on which of these hotels would be the best choice. Or if there is another Hyatt hotel that would work for the purpose I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

I have my choice of staying at either of these places "free" for 1 night, pre-cruise in March 2010. I suppose all those work related stays during the last few months have paid off.

Anyway, we'll be flying into MIA and taking pre-arranged transportation to the hotel from the airport. From the hotel to POM we'll be taking a taxi.

For those in the know - as this is our first cruise and first trip to Miami - please advise on which of these hotels would be the best choice. Or if there is another Hyatt hotel that would work for the purpose I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

The Hyatt in downtown is just a basic hotel. Nothing around it to do. No question!!!! Head to the South Beach Hotel!!:D Have you read the reviews on Tripadvisor.com? I would pick that one for the great location. You'll get the real Maimi vibe by staying there. You can stay in any large city Hyatt anytime. Go for the excitement and fun of South Beach!

Thanks in advance!

The Hotel Victor is the crown jewel in the Hyatt chain. So nice that they didn't even put the Hyatt name on the hotel. It was a $200 million dollar renovation job and it is fabulous. The jellyfish tanks there are some of the coolest things in South Beach. Do you watch Burn Notice? It is often filmed at the Hotel Victor. The second floor pool area and outdoor bar are fabulous.

The Hyatt downtown is meh.

Archived