New to Suites

bermuda lover

Well, this year, we are booked with an AD suite. We have never had a suite before, always traveled in a balcony. What can anyone tell me about the perks with the suites. I am on the Spirit, AD category. I saw there is a butler and concierge. What are their roles? What are the differences between the balcony versus the suites?

Thanks

Lisa

"Wireless Internet access, plus personal computer" in the Owner's Suite.

I called to ask for a better idea of what this offers, but they couldn't answer the question. I commented that the ship and probably the computer haven't even been built yet.

I cannot imagine you get a computer in the A2, much less that the internet access is "on the house."

Thanks to everyone who have responded. Now, I am not used to having people do things for me (such as a butler). What are some of the things that anyone has asked a butler to do for them??? I read on the NCL main site that a butler will unpack your luggage? This seems crazy to me, but has anyone done this?

Not used to being pampered....

Lisa

Even in the Garden Villa I did not ask the Butler to unpack or pack us. I would feel very strange about that, and I like my things where I like them. The Butlers are so kind, but are very busy on that first day. I will also say my "expectations" for what the Butler would and would not do were higher when I was in a GV than in an Owner's suite. Here are some examples of things I appreciated:

arranged for early (0500) morning coffee, danish and fresh fruit to be delivered - GV

found baked potatoes and soup and crackers for us on our first night out in unexpectedly ROUGH seas when we were all (4 traveling, Owners suite with connecting smaller suite) sick, and delivered them and set up our dining room table - OS

delivered breakfast most every morning, including table cloth and all, on the balcony - OS

found the perfect mixers for our alcohol - OS and GV

brought a blender and pina colada mix AND an ice chest full of ice - GV

delivered my FAVORITE pizza one evening as our "snack," without me even asking - OS

went along with my prearranged spoof to get my family on the ship without realizing we were cruising in a GV, told my family our mini suites were not ready, so he would be taking us on a ship tour starting on the top... that is where the GVs are... my family thought we were in a bar at first since there is a piano and a full, beautiful bar - GV

pampered us!! - OS and GV

if you are ever on the Dawn and he is still there... I hope you get Ravi as your Butler!! :D

Even in the Garden Villa I did not ask the Butler to unpack or pack us. I would feel very strange about that, and I like my things where I like them. The Butlers are so kind, but are very busy on that first day. I will also say my "expectations" for what the Butler would and would not do were higher when I was in a GV than in an Owner's suite. if you are ever on the Dawn and he is still there... I hope you get Ravi as your Butler!! :D

03/08 we stayed in Owners Suite on Pearl. Butler was amazing. Private lunch at Cagney's and priority on tenders worth the price! Plus access to Villa deck. I received a liquor/wine request sheet first day and bottles were promptly delivered. He refilled soda and other soft drinks every day. We are leaving tomorrow on Jewel and have a Villa Suite this time. New web-site states mini-bar. Do you know if a certain quantity of liquor/wine is included in VS or all chargeable?

"Wireless Internet access, plus personal computer" in the Owner's Suite.

I called to ask for a better idea of what this offers, but they couldn't answer the question. I commented that the ship and probably the computer haven't even been built yet.

I cannot imagine you get a computer in the A2, much less that the internet access is "on the house."

You're right. The wireless internet access isn't free. It'll just be available. ;)

The OS on the Pearl did have a laptop for your convenience, but yes, we did have to pay for the internet service. So I imagine you'll find them in the A2's on the Epic.

Archived