Does anyone have Richard D Fain Email Address?

TonyE

After waiting 4 hours in the cruise terminals 2nd floor cattle shed in order to board Celebrity Equinox on 12/4/9 I want to email the man. It was a totally unacceptable. What are they going to do about it.

After waiting 4 hours in the cruise terminals 2nd floor cattle shed in order to board Celebrity Equinox on 12/4/9 I want to email the man. It was a totally unacceptable. What are they going to do about it.

And from reading the posts on the roll call and other posters, it was a problem caused by ICE with the previous cruise. There is nothing Celebrity can do about what you are describing since it wasn't a problem created by them...

Your travel documents stated not to arrive at the terminal before 2:00pm. Many people arrive much earlier than that as often times the ship is read for early boarding, but this is not always the case. You chose to arrive well before 2:00pm and ended up having to wait for a while. Though that is unfortunate, boarding did begin prior to 2:00pm, so boarding was still earlier than scheduled. I am not sure why you want to send Mr. Fain an e-mail, but there is 0% chance that Celebrity would compensate you because you were able to board early, but not real early.

Our worst embakation experience was in Los Angeles. It was raining very hard, and the x-rays machines for the luggage were not working, and we all stood in line for well over 5 hours.

Did we complain to Celebrity about the experience? Absolutely not. It wasn't their responsibility or equipment.

The vision that kept us focused was the fact that we were going to "eventually" be on a beautiful ship, headed to Hawaii for 14 days!

IMHO, if people want to travel, they have to put themselves into the mind-set that things can go awry; you can delayed; and "stuff" happens. If you don't, then you work yourself up into tizzy and are just upset and want to put blame on someone.

The OP's situation sounded like an Imigration issue. Totally beyond Celebrity's control.

Because his email address is not on their site.

Your right, it isn't, but there is an e-mail addee for the guest relations located at

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contactus/custSvcsForm.do;jsessionid=0000-GtH28LbDTlltSDmnd4JANb:12hdbcuh7

(This is an online form)

You might start there, supposedly they "are committed to providing a response to your comments or feedback within 48 hours..".

Seeing as how you complaint is Celebrity specific (Equinox), you might want to ask for the address or contact for Daniel Hanrahan, the President and CEO of Celebrity Cruise Lines and not Mr. Fain, the Chairman and CEO of the parent corporation (RCI).

Perhaps someone here even has the email for Mr. Hanrahan.

I still don't get what the complaint is. :confused:

The documents say not to arrive at the terminal before 2:00pm. The OP arrived hours before this. Boarding began around 1:00pm - an hour earlier than the official scheduled boarding time.

How is boarding commencing an hour earlier than scheduled such an outrage and what exactly does the OP expect/want the CEO to about this?

The documents say not to arrive at the terminal before 2:00pm. The OP arrived hours before this. Boarding began around 1:00pm - an hour earlier than the official scheduled boarding time.

How is boarding commencing an hour earlier than scheduled such an outrage and what exactly does the OP expect/want the CEO to about this?

Gonzo,

I agree. But TonyE did ask for an email address. If he wants to generate an email about an non-problem, I say, go ahead. Maybe it will make him feel better to get whatever is stuck in his craw, unstuck.

Personally, he would accomplish the same thing by getting over it, IMO.

Gonzo:

I don't agree with him because the problem was with immigration not clearing the previous cruise however as far as the 2:00P.M. time, it is really irrelevent and I have to stick up for Tony. In one of his previous posts he stated that he had Celebrity transfers and was told he would be picked up 10:30A.M. At that point, his arrival time is when Celebrity gets him there and the 2:00P.M. goes out the window...

sometimes things can happen anywhere! cruise aside, it happens to all cruiselines, train companies, airlines...

if it happened on a flight, ( that BTW can cost sometimes as much as our cruises) what would the airline do??? after years of traveling I would bet nothing.

Sorry it happened to you, but not sure anything will be done about it. All the cruiselines have this happen time to time.

I think the OP has every right to complain about the cattle car nature of the waiting rooms... Often times, whether it by air or sea, travelers arrive early. It is something we do just in case there are delays, which happen often. Because these are such large ships, the waiting rooms are often crowded and gives one a bad feeling. I remember having that feeling while waiting to board the Solstice last year. With that in mind, I plan on showing up for my upcoming Equinox sailing at 2p.

But Mr. Fain should hear from the OP about the cattle car nature of X's waiting rooms. I wonder if he would see the email and if so do anything about it.

But Mr. Fain should hear from the OP about the cattle car nature of X's waiting rooms. I wonder if he would see the email and if so do anything about it.

If you have 1,000 to 2,500 people at the terminal before the ship is ready to board, just what would you think Mr. Fain could do about this? There was ample seating available, clean bathrooms, televisions, and plenty of cabs available if someone didn't want to wait and wanted to go grab a bite to eat somewhere and come back.

Yes. I just met Mr. Hanrahan on the Dec 17 Century cruise and wanted to give him some poaitive comments about the new Captain's Club program benefits and MDR menus.

I'd like the email address also. I just returned from a holiday cruise on Century and it was perfect. I'd like to send some positive comments too. I'm really impressed with the Captain's Club benefits. Puts RCI to shame.

• 3 weeks later...

Lets get it straight I was on a package with Celebrity, including night in Hotel before boarding. We had to be in Hotel lobby by 10:30 wth luggage. It was absolute mayhem. Bodies and luggage everywhere. It was 14:30 by the time we boarded.

I find this unacceptable and will therefore complain about it.

Are some people on this forum in Celbrities pocket? Making excuses for them. If ICE caused the Problem then Celbrity needs to be complaining to ICE and do something about it.

As to emails to Celebrity with a 48 hour turnaround I'm on my 3rd email and still awaiting for any turnaround.

Good companies actually encourage and listen to complaints. It's a way to get better. As a matter of fact when I finally track this geezer down I've the names of two crew members who I want to praise to him. I was actually very impressed with everthing else on the cruise but because I care about this Company I'm prepared to take the trouble to complain.

I also note that my original complaint has disappeared off this forum. Yet something else that makes me think this forum lacks a critical bias.

Tony:

In one of my previous posts I stated that those who were complaining about your getting to the pier were wrong since you were told by Celebrity to meet at a a particular time at the hotel as you were on the transfers..

Your original complaint is still there, it was not removed...Just check under your previous posts if you click on your name on the left hand corner.

With all that being said, you seem to have not come back to help your complaint and did not address the fact that this complaint was really beyond Celebritys fault. Perhaps your letter will do some good in expressing your anger but Celebrity has very little control over immigration, etc...

Why not address a letter to your local congressman or Senator as they may have more say in the matter than the President of Celebrity or Royal Caribbean..

I just want to know why you put your entire vacation in the hands of Celebrity? The transfer vendors are going to run the transfers at a time CONVENIENT for THEM, not you. They may have 100's of people to transfer. SOMEONE has to be first-SOMEONE will have to wait either for the transfer at a hotel/airport or in the waiting area of the cruise terminal. NO company in their right mind is going to deploy enough buses to move EVERYONE at the same time. Not only would it be cost prohibitive for the transporter, but it would cause even more chaos.

This info is in your cruise contract-all hotels, transfers, air, shore excursions are booked as a CONVENIENCE and run by third party vendors. The cruise line disavows ANY responsibility for actions of third party vendors. Read paragraph 5.

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/pdf/cruise_ticket_contract/Celebrity_04_23_08.pdf

Write your email. But your real complaint is with the TA who booked the transfers. Someone should have told you you could get yourself to the port when YOU wanted to go, not when a third party decided you WOULD go.

This is the last time I will ask.

I am directing this question towards Tony E only.

Do you want the email address for Mr Fain or did you already get it?

In his letter he said he sent emails so I would assume he got it unless he just sent them to Celebrity or CC...

• 4 months later...

X does not have waiting rooms, the cruise terminals do. If they are too small to accommodate the number of guests, then the port needs to be contacted, not the cruise line.

Lets get it straight I was on a package with Celebrity, including night in Hotel before boarding. We had to be in Hotel lobby by 10:30 wth luggage. It was absolute mayhem. Bodies and luggage everywhere. It was 14:30 by the time we boarded.

I find this unacceptable and will therefore complain about it.

Are some people on this forum in Celbrities pocket? Making excuses for them. If ICE caused the Problem then Celbrity needs to be complaining to ICE and do something about it.

As to emails to Celebrity with a 48 hour turnaround I'm on my 3rd email and still awaiting for any turnaround.

Good companies actually encourage and listen to complaints. It's a way to get better. As a matter of fact when I finally track this geezer down I've the names of two crew members who I want to praise to him. I was actually very impressed with everthing else on the cruise but because I care about this Company I'm prepared to take the trouble to complain.

I also note that my original complaint has disappeared off this forum. Yet something else that makes me think this forum lacks a critical bias.

Welcome to CruiseCritic! I don't think any of your fellow posters are in Celebrity's pocket.(not after the Loyal to Royal debacle, anyway!!).. but there are some who are very loyal to the cruiseline (as are we!), and don't take too kindly to new posters like you who have a complaint ;whether it's valid or not doesn't matter. It appears that complaints carry more 'cred' if you've been posting here for a while, or at least have been a member. Realistically, if you want to send kudos re:crew members, a snail mail would be more effective (I suspect Mr.Fain gets a LOT of email).

Cruise Critic is a moderated site run under the auspices of Trip Advisor. Posts can be deleted at the discretion of the moderators, and it is verboten to mention other travel agents or agencies.

Draw your own conclusions. Good luck with your efforts.

Archived