Krystal in Puerto Vallarta

jelbnl

Hi -

We're sailing on the Disney Magic on 7/9/05 and I thought I had read that the Krystal accepts cruise passengers at its resort for the day, for a fee of course. Is this true? and how does one go about getting there and using their facilities? If this isn't true, are there any other hotels in Puerto Vallarta that allows cruise passengers for the day?

Thanks for all your help!!!

Yes you can use the Krystal Resort. There was no fee for us when we went in Sept. It was approximately a 5 minute walk from the ship. There were employees at the gate and they didn't even question us. We walked right in. We were never questioned or bothered. Beware of the peddlers that come right up to the side of the pool that is next to the beach. The pool is very large and you will be able to not go anywhere near them if you want. We however hung out in this area so we could watch the goings on of the beach.

We were on the Pride and saw several employees from our ship getting messages. I don't know the cost though. From what we heard alot of ships employees go to this resort so ask around and I'm sure someone can give you walking directions. They were very easy. We had a staff person point out the resort from the Lido deck on our ship.

Enjoy and have a blast.

There was no charge when were there in October. We started to walk but it was soooo hot that a taxi came up and we took it. They drove us to the front entrance and the Hotel staff asked if they could help and we just said "no, we are on the cruise ship" and they just let us go in. The pool is wonderful as long as you stay away from the beach wall. Vendors will not stop.

• 2 months later...

Yes it's a hot walk unless you take the backstreet shortcut. Leaving the gangway go to the right, around the circular building, go across the square in front the the flea market, then toward the white wall with the yellow wall behind it, go through the gate at the left end of the white wall, and go down to the end of the street past condos and apts where you'll see the Krystal "welcome cruisers" sign.

Lovely resort, towels not incl, bring ship towels. 2 drinks for $9, not very strong. Several pools, nice beach.

Yes it's a hot walk unless you take the backstreet shortcut. Leaving the gangway go to the right, around the circular building, go across the square in front the the flea market, then toward the white wall with the yellow wall behind it, go through the gate at the left end of the white wall, and go down to the end of the street past condos and apts where you'll see the Krystal "welcome cruisers" sign.

Lovely resort, towels not incl, bring ship towels. 2 drinks for $9, not very strong. Several pools, nice beach.

We plan to go to the Krystal in the AM?

I saw the underwater chaises. Did you try them??

Was the swim-up bar open and under shade?

Is there any shade near the pools or beach?

Weekend or weekday were you there?

Thanks,

Liz

We plan to go to the Krystal in the AM?

Was the swim-up bar open and under shade?

Is there any shade near the pools or beach?

Weekend or weekday were you there?

Thanks,

Liz

It would probably be easier to get a lounger in the morning, all the young hotties would be sleeping in, just a guess. The underwater things we saw were ledges a few inches below the surface, some people sit on the edges, or lay on them. The swim up bar was under the huge thatched roof, shade on one side, sun on the other. There might have been 2 swim ups, not sure. There were no umbrellas at the pools, and we like having one, but we found we didn't need one in mid March, there was a nice breeze. There are lots of thatched papillas umbrellas on the beach, with loungers. We were there on a Thursday. There is a flag warning system for the danger level of the surf. It was the second highest level on our day (red flag), strong breakers, steep drop off, kids under 12 would get knocked all over the place. Too rough for boogie boarders, they had to quit. Spring breakers had fun trying to drown themselves. Highest level is black flag, "Do Not Enter." Beach was nice and big. Ropes keep vendors out, but they are always patrolling.

Nice place to catch some rays and swim.

-Bob

We plan to go to the Krystal in the AM?(snip)

Thanks,

Liz

Oh Liz, sorry, those drinks must have been stronger than I thought ... yes now I remember the underwater stone chaises, they went along the edge of the pool, a few inches underwater, with a nice "stone" pillow, perhaps about 15 of them in a row, a neat idea. The underwater ledges were out in the middle of the pools. Now give me back my drink :-)

-Bob

Looking at this itinerary on Vision of the Sea (RCI) in Sept. '05. Wondering from other fall cruisers - morriscats or wwakla - how the wind and deck temperatures were? Read that temps in ports will be very warm. Just read your trip report Bob, just excellent, thanks for taking time to research, share and post. Looking forward to your photos. Will be travelling with 3 generations including grandkids just 1 and 2 years old. Read in Crown and Anchor magazine of RCI's new program for Babies and Tots to be available on all ships, all itineraries. That will be of great significance to families.

Deb in MI

Archived