Atlantis Submarine Trip

Hi, we've just picked up our tickets for the Destiny and to my surprise, my OH would like to do the Atlantis Submarine trip in Barbados..

Has anyone been on this trip and if so, is it worth the money? Also,as there are limited spaces, how soon do we need to book??

I on the other hand, fancy the Pirates extravaganza in St Lucia as have been on the same ship a couple of years ago for a sunset sail. Loved it and loving our tickets and all the info that is provided. 3 weeks to go!

LOL

North&South

X

Hello N&S just came back from this cruise although the i did not do the atlantis tour the feedback on board was that it very poor and people did not see very much, mind you it is early in the season so maybe thats why but people were certainly dissapointed, i did the swimming with the turtles in barbados it was really good but you have to like snorkling as you go into the deep water and the turtles come up to feed but they were fantastic about five foot round and right in front of you swimming around you,as for the pirate ship again not sure what it was like on board but it left the people behind and they had to make there own way back to the ship,again many complaints about this.Hope this helps

Hello N&S just came back from this cruise although the i did not do the atlantis tour the feedback on board was that it very poor and people did not see very much, mind you it is early in the season so maybe thats why but people were certainly dissapointed, i did the swimming with the turtles in barbados it was really good but you have to like snorkling as you go into the deep water and the turtles come up to feed but they were fantastic about five foot round and right in front of you swimming around you,as for the pirate ship again not sure what it was like on board but it left the people behind and they had to make there own way back to the ship,again many complaints about this.Hope this helps

Hello Flemtagg,

It's your fellow cruiser with the plumbing problems again. We did actually do the Atlantis tour and it was great!! I do accept however that if you were in any other seats than the ones we were in you would see very little. We booked the tour at the last minute as Thomson never sent us any tickets or details of anything before we sailed (they said they'd posted stuff out twice but it never arrived) Anyway, by chance we were last to board the submarine and there were no seats for us, until that is the ladder was pushed up and four seats were revealed so this meant that not only had we our small portholes to look out, we were right behind the "driver" and had the whole glass front of the submarine to look through as well as watch him operating a surprising number of switches etc as we went along. So, top tip, be last to get onboard, down the front hatch, and you'll have a good experience.

Archived