lobster and butter???

brockmom

I come from land locked Calgary and I think the lobster is mediocre. I had it once in the Pinnacle and it was not good there either. When you go to the Pinnacle you have to have a steak. That's good food.....and we have great steaks here.

We had a friend on a cruise that woudl eat steak every night in the MDR and when we dined in the Pinnacle Grill he wanted to order the chicken. I flipped out! Made him change his mind. :)

Best Maine lobster yet: a lobster bake on an island in Penobscot Bay while sailing on the schooner Lewis R. French. Second best, a lobster role at Red's Eats in Wiscassett (and you got a paper cup with butter to go).

The lobster tails we had on the Zuiderdam this past summer as part of the surf and turf were large, tender and very good. They must have been cold water tails. We were very pleasantly suprised. It was the best lobster we have ever had on a cruise.

We were disappointed in the Pinnacle. During our only dinner there neither the food nor service was anything special. I can't think of any reason we'd try it again at any price, and in fact didn't make use of it as a breakfast perk.

We were unimpressed with most of the food and all of the service on our first try at the Pinnacle. But DH's Steak Diane was so amazingly good, we tried the Pinnacle on another cruise, with infinitely better results. When I reported on CC about the deficiencies with our first visit to the PG, you'd have thought I said the other members' kids were ugly :D But there are now enough people who've experienced what we experienced that people don't react quite as violently :)

IMHO it would be worth it for you to try once more. We've been pleased with all our subsequent trips to the PG.

Thanks Cow Princess, I was concerned that some people might react as if they'd given birth to the Pinnacle. We have another cruise coming up in January, so if we get tired of the MDR we may try it again. It's not that it was awful, just disappointing. We expected better

At the Farewell Dinner two nights ago on the Amsterdam the drawn butter for the lobster tails was served in little ramekins. That could have been because of the code red, so I can't speculate as to how they are doing it usually these days. We prefer Maine lobster, but as tails go, ours were just ok. My DH and I each had one; one was a little better than the other.

I've never been much of a Pinnacle fan; we've had some truly disastrous meals in several of them, but I can highly recommend the Pinnacle on the Amsterdam. The manager Kim is European but married to an Indonesian and the serving staff (men and women) is all Indonesian. You'll get that fabulous service that you go to the Pinnacle for if you are dining in the Amsterdam's Pinnacle. The evening serving staff works in the MDR or Lido during lunch so you're likely to find that you know them already.

I had lobster in the main dining room on my Grand Voyage on the Amsterdam 9 times......sometimes it was served with the butter poured over it and sometimes with the cup of butter for dipping. EVERY time it was delicious! I also had lobster in the Pinnacle Grill....again delicious. Also in the Pinnacle Grill they served a dish called "Lobster Macaroni and Cheese"....oh my....DElicious and rich!

So anyway..........I was a very happy lobster eater!! If it was being served with a fillet.....I just canceled the fillet and had 2 servings of lobster....never a problem and always good.

We were on the Eurodam 2 weeks ago. Ate at the Pinnacle for dinner, loved it, called and made a reservation for lunch. Filet and Lobster were both terrific and we received drawn butter. It can be broiled or steamed. We chose steamed and it was very good. They also have 3 different flavored butters that they serve with the bread. They bring a few chocolate truffles to your table before dessert. Try the creme brulee. It is 3 flavors in one divided dish. Have fun and enjoy!

Archived