Back to the Class System

jebl

Okay, folks, I think we're missing the really important question--does Santa visit the kids in the suites first? And what happens if there are too many D and D+ kids on the ship to fill the concierge lounge, and they have to kick the regular kids out of their normal lounge to see Santa. What happens then?

Well Christmas always has been for the rich and there has always been that preferential treatment.

Notice how its called "The Nutcracker Suite" and not "The Nutcracker Inside Cabin"

I rest my case :)

You know I love ya!! But the reason I kept trying to post and reword and get the point I was trying to make across has to do with this part you wrote above. When you say that some people want 'all the benefits and don't want to pay for it' the thing I feel you're maybe not taking into consideration is that those WERE the benefits those people were paying for - and by that (for the literal among us!:p) I mean the beach in Labadee that has always been offered as a private island where the use of the entire island is for all guests on the RCCL ship docked there, as well as showing photo after photo after photo and video and promotional media of the pool deck and lounge chairs and the events that go on right around it without ever having a disclaimer that 'chairs not included' or something:D - so yes, those are the people that spent their money with RCCL and those were indeed some of the benefits that they recieved, as well as the ice skating rink, the rock climbing wall, the flowrider, food in the MDR and everything else that they could always normally have in their fare. And the worst sticking point is that those areas that have always been included in their fare are now removed and yet - their fare hasn't been adjusted to reflect the loss of those benefits. Perhaps they are trying to drive people into a suite (desperate?) but for someone like me, that could afford a suite but just have no interest in the perks (I don't take kindly to wasting my money - that's why I still have some! lol) it's ineffective. Others can't afford it anyway so the enticement seems fruitless.

I mean, if you went next time and they tell you 'sorry, the beach front in CocoCay is now just for D+ - but you still get the whole rest of the island in the interior section - I'm pretty positive that no one would say - oh, that's awesome that they took that 'benefit that was included in my cruise fare' and gave it to people that have spent the most time cruising with RCCL. Good for them - great business decision and then slink off into the trees...:p

You know I love ya too.... and I've been cruising RCI since 1988 or so? I've sailed in everything from a basic outside cabin to an owner's suite. Personally, the perks do not really matter to me. Yes, it's nice to have a few free drinks in the CL, it's nice to have guaranteed seating in the theater and ice shows, but it's not the entire experience. I realize that if I want the benefits, I need to pay for them.

I'm not a laid back guy at all, I just have learned over the years to pick and choose my battles. I certainly understand where you're coming from. Although I don't look at RCI taking things away, just putting sweeteners or "suiteners" in place to lure people into spending a ton of money and keeping the line "afloat"- pun intended.

Have a nice holiday and a great cruise!!! You "lucky" dog!!!

19 pages in, this is the best response on this thread. Thanks! :)

You're right. And I think that's a perfect way to end this, no? Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! May you all get a suite on Oasis in your stocking/shoe/whatever you get gifts in. :D

Hey holyman, if you were on Cruise Critic for more than three months, you would've realized I was referring to someone whom many people on here knew and was the one who "invented" that term.

So go ahead, keep sarcastically calling me classy, keep picturing me as some kind of slob who wants everything handed to her, keep saying that we all want something for nothing and COMPLETELY misunderstanding what we're saying here (which Luckyprincess made QUITE clear in her above post, as have MANY of us on the last 18 pages)...and for the love of God please don't answer this post or anything else I type. Have a wonderful Christmas looking down at the rest of us from your perfect world.

Oh, you mean Folgy? Hahaha... I guess you don't remember Clary Trice? I may have been around here longer than you think. :cool:

You just don't get it, do you?

You know I love ya too.... and I've been cruising RCI since 1988 or so? I've sailed in everything from a basic outside cabin to an owner's suite. Personally, the perks do not really matter to me. Yes, it's nice to have a few free drinks in the CL, it's nice to have guaranteed seating in the theater and ice shows, but it's not the entire experience. I realize that if I want the benefits, I need to pay for them.

I'm not a laid back guy at all, I just have learned over the years to pick and choose my battles. I certainly understand where you're coming from. Although I don't look at RCI taking things away, just putting sweeteners or "suiteners" in place to lure people into spending a ton of money and keeping the line "afloat"- pun intended.

Have a nice holiday and a great cruise!!! You "lucky" dog!!!

Thanks - you too! I can't believe I leave so soon! Maybe I should get my lazy red head out of this computer chair and start the grueling packing process.....:o

Thanks - you too! I can't believe I leave so soon! Maybe I should get my lazy red head out of this computer chair and start the grueling packing process.....:o

Oh, pack light!!! You know, jeans, t-shirts, bikini and sarong (no total cover up). And most of all DO NOT forget your iron, candles, firecrackers and most of all, rum runners! :p

Have a great time.

What they are actually doing is removing the sugar and charging huge rates for the sugar packets.They are also changing cruising from 'the only way to travel' to one of the many ways to travel.Their choice.No lost sleep here over their decisions

:cj

Nothing is being taken away as there are plenty of deck chairs to sit in and your last statement says it all. It is about Diamond cut backs and I have a news flash for you, those suite perks are not free.

If you want to look at it that way, diamond perks aren't free either, and can easily cost much more than a suite. What's your point??? On my most recent cruise, all 3 levels on both sides of the pool bar were roped off. I only saw 1 person in the suite section. All the chairs around the pool and the area above the pool were taken. When you see 30 or so empty chairs and can't find a place to sit, then yes something is being taken away. As far as the beach on Labadee, most would agree that it was the nicest of the beaches on Labadee. So that too has been taken away.

If you want to look at it that way, diamond perks aren't free either, and can easily cost much more than a suite. What's your point??? On my most recent cruise, all 3 levels on both sides of the pool bar were roped off. I only saw 1 person in the suite section. All the chairs around the pool and the area above the pool were taken. When you see 30 or so empty chairs and can't find a place to sit, then yes something is being taken away. As far as the beach on Labadee, most would agree that it was the nicest of the beaches on Labadee. So that too has been taken away.

Yes, a couple book their normal inside cabin for $1200.00 total and a couple book an OS for ten grand. How many of those inside cabins does it take to add up to one OS? LMAO.

Also, out of almost forty cruises, I have yet to see a ship with no deck chairs available. Got another one. Need for me to send you some cheese with that whine??? I can have concierge send some over right away. ;)

Excellent post.How could anyone logically disagree with you

Yes, a couple book their normal inside cabin for $1200.00 total and a couple book an OS for ten grand. How many of those inside cabins does it take to add up to one OS? LMAO.

Also, out of almost forty cruises, I have yet to see a ship with no deck chairs available. Got another one. Need for me to send you some cheese with that whine??? I can have concierge send some over right away. ;)

Proves my point.

Folks,

Sometimes the suites are not that expensive. We usually book a JS and a few months ago, for a two day period, the GS with a senior discount was actually cheaper than a JS. Obviously, we opted for the GS on the Voyager for 2/21/2010.

Todays prices for the GS are $560.00/pp more than what we paid, and the JS is $180.00/pp more than what we paid for the GS.

All of this said, I will gladly rent out our two chairs in the reserved pool side area for a small gratuity, as we never sit in the sun by the pool anyway. (skin cancer is not fun):D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you.

May Santa place RCCL gift certificates under your tree.

Wow...quite a lovely attitude you have.

First off, it takes 10 cruises to become diamond, and 24 to become D+. That is a lot of money spent on those cruises.

And I have witnessed with my own eyes, people being unable to find deck chairs on sea days. If you haven't seen this, then you must not go outside at all.

Next, if you think that deck chairs are so readily available, then why do you and RCI see the need to reserve them?????????????????

I remember you! You are the one who posted a while back about children and how you should raise them only to find out that you don't even have children!!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I wonder what's in that eggnog of yours!

Your point is correct. However, if you look at the ration of OS to Inside, which catagory brings in more money per sailing? Would it be better to sail with all of your OS catagory booked and Inside empty or the other way around? Remember, there are far more inside cabins. That means many more people with seapass cards racking up charges besides what is brought in on the cabin booking. I have no idea what the spending habits on board are of people who book different catagories. But I am quite sure that these ships don't have all of these insdie cabins just because they take up space and they couldn't think of any other public uses for the area.

Have a great time! And if I may offer a little packing tip--if you are checking bags, make sure to pack everything in ziplocs or something waterproof, in case Delta loses your bags for two days and everything in your bag ends up soaked and moldy. (Not that I'm bitter or anything! :rolleyes: )

Wow...quite a lovely attitude you have.

First off, it takes 10 cruises to become diamond, and 24 to become D+. That is a lot of money spent on those cruises.

And I have witnessed with my own eyes, people being unable to find deck chairs on sea days. If you haven't seen this, then you must not go outside at all.

Next, if you think that deck chairs are so readily available, then why do you and RCI see the need to reserve them?????????????????

I remember you! You are the one who posted a while back about children and how you should raise them only to find out that you don't even have children!!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I wonder what's in that eggnog of yours!

Again, would you like some cheese with that whine? ;)

Also, I believe my comments were directed to so called parent and their behavior of the children in the formal dining room. Nice try though.

By the way, I am standing here with this tray of cheese. You can have it. ;)

Your point is correct. However, if you look at the ration of OS to Inside, which catagory brings in more money per sailing? Would it be better to sail with all of your OS catagory booked and Inside empty or the other way around? Remember, there are far more inside cabins. That means many more people with seapass cards racking up charges besides what is brought in on the cabin booking. I have no idea what the spending habits on board are of people who book different catagories. But I am quite sure that these ships don't have all of these insdie cabins just because they take up space and they couldn't think of any other public uses for the area.

This is so true. As I posted earlier in this thread...the non suite, average cruiser is the bread and butter for RCI. Make them feel as though they are second class, and they won't come back.

Again, would you like some cheese with that whine? ;)

Also, I believe my comments were directed to so called parent and their behavior of the children in the formal dining room. Nice try though.

By the way, I am standing here with this tray of cheese. You can have it. ;)

Not quite......you were clearly giving advice on how to control kids. You were even arguing with myself and others on this issue. Your posts on that thread clearly indicated, to anyone who has raised children, that you had no clue what you were talking about. I even had to ask you several times if you even had children before I finally got a straight answer.

You didn't answer my last question......

If deck chairs are so readily available, then why the need to reserve them????????

Not quite......you were clearly giving advice on how to control kids. You were even arguing with myself and others on this issue. Your posts on that thread clearly indicated, to anyone who has raised children, that you had no clue what you were talking about. I even had to ask you several times if you even had children before I finally got a straight answer.

You didn't answer my last question......

If deck chairs are so readily available, then why the need to reserve them????????

You don't get it do you? I am going to type this a little s-l-o-w-e-r so that even you can understand. There are plenty of deck chairs. It's a PERK that the cruise has decided to give to those that book higher accommodations. Simple as that. I'm still holding this cheese!!!:D

You don't get it do you? I am going to type this a little s-l-o-w-e-r so that even you can understand. There are plenty of deck chairs. It's a PERK that the cruise has decided to give to those that book higher accommodations. Simple as that. I'm still holding this cheese!!!:D

Seems like you just 'cut the cheese' by the smell of your opinion

Maybe I should type a little slower. Clearly you don't get it. Why would it be a perk if chairs are so readily available???? Why do always have to respond with some dumb classless, immature remark to eveything. I know why, because you don't have a solid answer to support any of your arguments. Just like our previous discussion on children.

LOL... will it ever end???

Oh, but some want all the benefits and don't want to pay for it. Funny that they're the one's who demand "choices" in other areas, but are not inclined to make the choice to spend the money to get the benefits on a cruise ship that they want.

Smart man. You get it. ;)

Archived