What to do in LAX the day before

sdpr73

Hey folks,

Am taking the NCL Star in April for the 8day Mexican itinerary.

Large group of us arriving the day before around lunch time. So come 2pm we will be looking to do something in LAX. None of us have ever stayed here before. We'll be staying at a hotel near the AIRPORT. Am wondering if anyone has done the same and any tours that take you into Hollywood or LA or something fun to kill the afternoon and evening. What about Taxi fare from LA airport hotels to downtown on the stirp or something in Hollywood. Any suggestions or certain things you did and the price you paid would sure be appreciated.

Happy cruising folks.:D

My hubby & I did the Hollywood at night tour a couple years back - it was about $25 per person I think. They took you around Rodeo drive, and by the Chinese theater and the walk of fame, and you saw some of the large homes, and the famous hotel (sorry can't think of the name) and you see the Hollywood sign.

It was a good way to spend a few hours and get a quick view of everything.

Another option may be to go on a Studio tour. Paramount is in Hollywood, Warner Bros is just north of there by about 10-15 min. Both may offer large group tours. You may have to hunt on their websites to find them, but I've taken both, and they are great. They will give you a lot of history and you may even see a couple of stars.

Depending upon where you are staying, your hotel may offer shuttle service to that area.

Have fun!!

tigre

My hubby & I did the Hollywood at night tour a couple years back - it was about $25 per person I think. They took you around Rodeo drive, and by the Chinese theater and the walk of fame, and you saw some of the large homes, and the famous hotel (sorry can't think of the name) and you see the Hollywood sign.

It was a good way to spend a few hours and get a quick view of everything.

Thanks for the info, great pics BWT. Was on Navigator in Nov and your pics make me want to return NOW...I dont suppose you can recall how you booked your night tour in LA? Internet or direct somehow?

Thanks again for the info and the great pics.:D :D :D

KKPL1970 - I booked it through the front desk at the hotel. My hubby and I had not planned anything for our first night in California because with the time difference (and he was just coming off third shift) I didn't know how awake he would be so we chose to play that day by ear.

I went down to our front desk and they had a tour desk/info desk set up with different things you could book right from there and the bus picked us up at the front door and dropped us back at the hotel.

Archived