Oasis - HELP - Lots of questions

shaynasmom

Hello -

DH and I are booking the 11/20/10 Oasis cruise to the Eastern Caribbean for our 20th anniversary. This is the first trip in 13 years we are NOT taking our DD and her best friend (only children get to take best friends so parents don't have to entertain)..... we can't believe we are "ditching" her... and she is BUMMED but we promised to take her on the Allure .... she has been counting down days to the Oasis since we got back from the Freedom last year.

I have TONS of questions..... which I tried finding answers to .... but can't find.... so I am BEGGING FOR HELP !!!

Please answer what you can ! I would so APPRECIATE IT. I am overwhelmed with this trip !

1. We have an Oceanview Balcony cabin #10612 in category D5..... Deck 10..... any comments / suggestions about this....

2. Meals.... I think (have to double check with my travel agent) that they only have openings for LATE NIGHT dinning ... which is fine with me.... HOWEVER with that said - opinions on this based on SHOWS...... We can switch to "MY TIME" ..... thoughts ? With the Oasis being new.... I would love opinions to how this works.

3. What time does LATE NIGHT dinning START and approximately END ??

4. We are thinking for our anniversary dinner (November 24) of going to a speciality restaurant..... what is good ? We are NOT big drinkers.... a glass or two of wine.... but that never bothers us..... we would like something SPECIAL !!! Thoughts ???

5. Shows...... We know Comedy Show, Hairspray, Ice Show, Aqua Theater..... what else...... I think there are a few more we should NOT miss. How many shows a night ? What nights are they ? Etc... ANY DETAILS in planning would be fabulous !!! ?????

6. What days / times does the Love & Marriage Game, "Quest" (do they have "Quest" on the Oasis ???), etc..... those "fun" games for adults :)

7. CD - we have heard that Richard Spacey is on the Oasis.... how long is he expected to be on the Oasis for ???? We loved him on the Freedom and we are hoping he will be there.

8. Formal NIghts in the Dinning Room - which nights ????

FINALLY -

9. WHEN can we book shows - speciality dinners etc...

THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU !!!!

Eva

2. Meals.... I think (have to double check with my travel agent) that they only have openings for LATE NIGHT dinning ... which is fine with me.... HOWEVER with that said - opinions on this based on SHOWS...... We can switch to "MY TIME" ..... thoughts ? With the Oasis being new.... I would love opinions to how this works.

I'd recommend My Time dining. you can switch on the ship. eat when you want, make reservations before 4 each day. or show up and be seated with maybe a wait. we didn't have to wait when we didn't have a reservation, but our sailing wasn't full.

3. What time does LATE NIGHT dinning START and approximately END ??

8:30 to probably 10, depending on if you eat fast or have dessert.

4. We are thinking for our anniversary dinner (November 24) of going to a speciality restaurant..... what is good ? We are NOT big drinkers.... a glass or two of wine.... but that never bothers us..... we would like something SPECIAL !!! Thoughts ???

I really liked 150 Central Park. Excellent food. Probably the nicest atmosphere, especially for celebrating an anniversary.

5. Shows...... We know Comedy Show, Hairspray, Ice Show, Aqua Theater..... what else...... I think there are a few more we should NOT miss. How many shows a night ? What nights are they ? Etc... ANY DETAILS in planning would be fabulous !!! ?????

6. What days / times does the Love & Marriage Game, "Quest" (do they have "Quest" on the Oasis ???), etc..... those "fun" games for adults :)

they do have quest and love and marriage. don't know the times. details on the shows and times should be online for making reservations closer to your cruise.

8. Formal NIghts in the Dinning Room - which nights ????

second and second last nights.

Quest was held at midnight on Day 6 in Studio B. It was not a full audience the night we were there.

Love & Marriage was on Day 3 @ 7:30pm in the Opal Theatre.

They also had a family QUest on day 4 at 7:30pm

Definately Central Park--- absolutely gorgeous restaurant and wonderful dinner.

Our 7nt. sailing Love and Marriage was at 5:15, Quest midnight. We had late seating for dinner, saw every show (all amazing), made all reservations through our on-line booking on RCCL. Just tell your server your preference for speed of dinner, we were at a table for 2 (requested prior to arrival) and could be in and out as quickly as 45 min.

If you like sushi, Izumi should not be missed.

My Time Dining would give you the most flexibility for dining and show times. There are so many things going on, it is a challenge to fit them in when you have a set dining time. We wound up having to rush out of dinner without dessert twice in order to get to some events we wanted to see.

For me, either Chops or the very elegant 150 Central Park would be great places for a special dinner, but I have to say we loved Giovanni's Table so much, we ate there twice. We did eat there for lunch, however, so I don't know if it would meet your needs at night. We walked by it several times at night and I thought it looked quite romantic with all the "candles" flickering and the soft glow they created.

Your balcony room sounds similar to the one we also had on Deck Ten. We really liked our room, but discovered to our amazement there is so much to do on the ship, that we used our balcony less than we have ever used a balcony.

The balcony is a little smaller and the new higher, bigger tables make it seem even smaller. That said, the new tables are much better for enjoying a meal outside on it or perhaps playing cards or a board game.

I hope you have a great and fun cruise.

Archived