St. Kitts-ferry to Pinney beach at Nevis

jackdiamond

I believe that someone indicated that the ferry that transports folks from the pier to Pinney beach at Nevis is located about 700 yards from the pier dock. Is this correct? Additionally, I believe that it was indicated that the fare was only about $6-8 pp each way. Is this correct? Also, does the ferry bring you within walking distance to Pinney beach? Is this beach as nice and calm as the promos indicate?

Thank you.

I would be interested in this answer also. If you take the ship's excursion, it is around 100 bucks to sail over. A ferry certainly sounds much cheaper, but I have never heard of it.

I suppose the 4 Seasons and the other hotels on Nevis would need extra staffers, and since St Kitts is a larger island, it makes sense that they could draw "commuter" staff from there who would need a ferry over and back.

Pinney's is nice, a few funky beach bars and of course, walk over to the 4 Seasons and see how the other half lives...

Last trip, Pinney's still had hurricane damage so the Catamaran sail took us to Cockelshell / Raggae beach on St Kitts - just as nice IMO, but people were annoyed that they could not get to another island. .

I believe that someone indicated that the ferry that transports folks from the pier to Pinney beach at Nevis is located about 700 yards from the pier dock. Is this correct? Additionally, I believe that it was indicated that the fare was only about $6-8 pp each way. Is this correct? Also, does the ferry bring you within walking distance to Pinney beach? Is this beach as nice and calm as the promos indicate?

Thank you.

Check out the St Kitts board. Paul58 answered these questions from Loucat on the St Kitts board yesterday.

From Paul58 yesterday, 07:15 AM

It is about 700 yards from the arrivals bldg at Port Zante to the Ferry terminal. Ask any local & they will tell you which way to go. It is to the left of the port.

From Paul58 Yesterday, 04:52 PM

It is about $6 -8 per person each way depending on which ferry that is taken. It is about 1-1.5 miles to Pinney's Beach, there are several beach bars there including Sunshine's.

Yesterday, 04:16 PM

Q-Thank you Paul. About how long is the walk from the ferry dock to PInney's beach?

From Paul58 I would guess about 20-25 min

Yesterday, 04:52 PM

From Paul58 Double Duece would be the closest Beach Bar on Pinney's Beach

Archived