Activites on the Norwegian Pearl

vrs

what types of activites are on the Norwegian Pearl? i know on carnival they have the deck sail away party... ice sculptures... hairy chest contest... ect...

what types do they have on the pearl? thank you

NCL has tried to tone down the silly pool games, so no more belly flop contests, etc.

There is bingo, kareoke, art auctions, poker tournaments, lectures and seminars. They may show a movie in the main theater during the day (no dedicated movie theater). There are talks about the upcoming ports and shopping. Nintendo Wii in the main lobby sometimes. Bowling. Ship tours. Trivia. Liqour tastings. Martini / Maragrita / Beer clinics. Musical acts in the various bars. The main nightly shows. Library. Card room.

Here is a link to some Freestyle Dailies from the Pearl this past January to give you a more detailed idea. When viewing an image, to see a larger, readable version, click on the magnifying glass icon by the upper right corner of the picture.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bakerintn/NCLPearlFreestyleDailies#

On the Pearl a few weeks ago, they had a synchonized swimming contest one day at the pool. Two teams had a certain amount of time to put together a routine, and then they performed them. I didn't go, but it was broadcast on the TV later in the week. They did a sailaway party as well and a big "White Hot" party one night in one of the clubs. Also the old standards such as bingo and the "Not-so-Newlywed Game."

what types of activites are on the Norwegian Pearl? i know on carnival they have the deck sail away party... ice sculptures... hairy chest contest... ect...

what types do they have on the pearl? thank you

If you are looking for lots of pool games for instance, you had better stick with Carnival. Most lines no longer do the silly things, they do have deck sail away parites, some pool activities and the usual night game shows. Yes there may be ice sculuptures or demos on making towel animals, but most of the lines, including NCL are toning things down a bit.mI will add, the shorter the cruise, the more party type activities there are.

Nita

If you are looking for lots of pool games for instance, you had better stick with Carnival. Most lines no longer do the silly things, they do have deck sail away parites, some pool activities and the usual night game shows. Yes there may be ice sculuptures or demos on making towel animals, but most of the lines, including NCL are toning things down a bit.mI will add, the shorter the cruise, the more party type activities there are.

Nita

You are correct. Things have changed... The buffets used to be gorgeous... with ice sculptures and intricate fruit and vergeable carving centerpieces. Now they just look like high-school cafeterias. I notice this because I do these carvings myself and I am always interested in seeing something different. On the Jewel in 2007 they had a demo in this and the guy was really not very good. I could have taught a much better one IMHO, but it was still nice they offered this free class nonetheless.

You are correct. Things have changed... The buffets used to be gorgeous... with ice sculptures and intricate fruit and vergeable carving centerpieces. Now they just look like high-school cafeterias. I notice this because I do these carvings myself and I am always interested in seeing something different. On the Jewel in 2007 they had a demo in this and the guy was really not very good. I could have taught a much better one IMHO, but it was still nice they offered this free class nonetheless.

Yep, remember the midnight buffets. That is where we really saw the carvings..Oh well, with lots of good always comes some bad...

Nita

• 3 weeks later...
Any further details on "the quest," scavenger hunt?

It will take fun out of it but you need to leave your shyness at home and be ready to act a little crazy such as switching clthes with women and men. Have fun and try it thier is some video on you tube.

Archived