Cancelling air flights

Gingee

We are debating between flying and taking a train to get to our cruise destination. I don't like flying but................ Does anyone know what the plane cancellation policy is?

Lately, it depends on what airline you are flying on. It also depends on the type of ticket that you purchased.

If you are looking to get a ticket that can be changed or cancelled make sure there is NO Restrictions on that ticket...which cost a great deal higer.

Something to consider-- my son and his G/f were gonna take the train to Tampa from Phila. Tickets costs 188 round trip pp and would take 23 hours one way. To fly to tampa would have cost 123.pp and take 2 1/2 hours one way. For over 60pp and all those hours saved... she will grip the arms of the plane and take it all with grain of salt.

Do you really want to sit on a train for 20 or more hours? You're going to get to the ship already tired out.

If your tickets are the non-refundable, non-changeable, that says it all, and the cheap tickets are both of those. It's much more expensive to get the unrestricted fares.

Practically all airline fares are available from Internet booking engines, so again it would have to do with the specific fare class you purchased. Generally, these booking engines provide the lowest available fare, which is typically non-refundable.

I know it is shorter to fly but.............. So if you get a price for flying off the internet, it that non-refunable?

you have to make certain that you book unrestricted tickets. the cheap tickets have lots of restrictions imposed.

See you got them off the internet I'm assuming you received a good fare. Unless you specifically checked off that you wanted unrestricted, fully-refundable tickets, they're probably not refundable. Most major airlines will only allow you to apply the fare to another ticket with a $50 - $100 change fee per ticket.

Some airlines, like Southwest, don't charge a change fee, you just use the fare for a flight another day. But once again, unless you booked the unrestricted fare, there is no refund.

Archived