SNAFU in Visting the Baths--Any Way to Overcome?

moondoggie

I posted this in the very excellent post 'Must Read' about the Baths--and I think I need to ask the CC group for the answer to this one:

Solstice docked in Tortola only from 7:00-2:00--HELP!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We want to take Speedy's Ferry out to the Baths, but would have to take the 9:00 ferry arriving at 9:30 and return on the 11:30 ferry to get back by noon unless we book the overpriced Ship's Excursion. (Celebrity, did you plan your docking schedule this way ?

There are four of us--is there anotherway to get there, fellow CC'ers??

We are also on the Solstice & want to visit the Baths. Decided that the only good way was to book a private tour so are going with Patouche. We used them last year for a snorkelling excursion and were very pleased so are looking forward to another excursion with them. Agreed that the time is Tortola is very minimal and therefore Speedy's may not be the best alternative. We really have enjoyed Tortola and are looking forward to another great day.:)

Isn't there a second ferry company in Tortola that goes to Virgin Gorda? I haven't paid much attention, since our ship stops at VG, but I was thinking that people have posted about another company. However, with such a short time in Tortola, quite honestly, I'd just simply stay in Tortola and enjoy, or else take the ship's excursion to the Baths!

I have already emailed them, and they are taking reservations for 1/21, so I think I'll go with them. I hope they sail with their dogs :) We are dog people, and will need a 'dose of dogs' by Thursday, unless there are some Service Dogs onboard Solstice that week..

Thanks, jmlh!

Hi Moondoggie,

We are also 'dog' people - just love our mini schnauzer!!!. Hope you have a great time with Patouche. We have booked another tour with them in March '10 as we had such a great time next year. Will be looking forward to your review.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Isn't there a second ferry company in Tortola that goes to Virgin Gorda? I haven't paid much attention, since our ship stops at VG, but I was thinking that people have posted about another company. However, with such a short time in Tortola, quite honestly, I'd just simply stay in Tortola and enjoy, or else take the ship's excursion to the Baths!

Yes, Smiths Ferry also offers service between Tortola and VG...

Archived