Brrrr!! It's Freezing. Can We Go Back Please??

Cymro1953

Sorry for being slow reporting back, but we didn't get in until late Friday night after a delay, to the ice and snow in Manchester.

A bit of a shock to the system after being well over 80 in Morocco.

Then rushing around last minute on Saturday to get final Xmas Stuff in and Decorations up. And worst of all back to work on Sunday and am in right through until the morning of Boxing Day.

So I'll delay a full review until after then.

After my "Live From" done on the sea day we landed in Agadir. Never again. It was awful there in the town itself. Though we enjoyed the trip to Taroudant and the tree climbing goats.

I can now see why those people who say they will stay on the ship do so.

By contrast we really enjoyed Lanzarote and the Fire Mountain excursion. It really looks like the Moon up there. And the heat coming out of the vents was amazing. Tried to take a photo down one and couldn't hold my camera over it long enough.

The camel ride was brilliant too (especially as DW hadn't realised we were going to be doing it):D

We had large sea swells through the trip, even though the weather was calm where we were. But the last night going back to Tenerife was really rough.

Throughout the cruise all the crew were fantastic. Really friendly and nothing too much trouble. And the entertainments team under Ross were brilliant.

We loved all the shows we saw and the game shows in the Bounty Lounge.

And of course the Pantomime was not to be missed

Berwyn

I see the Christmas cruisers are having worse sea swells than us.

Hi Crinkle,

We should have been prepared after Alexandria and Cairo in June. But apart from a bit of slum area around the port in Alex, we were straight out in the countryside to Pyramids.

And DW would insist on going into the shops in the Tourist bit after the market in Tarodant. :eek: Spent a fortune even after bargaining.

But otherwise we had a fantastic time. And the boys had the best Macdodnalds we've ever seen in Funchal. Never saw a burger all week on the ship. They were getting withdrawal symptoms.:D

The one thing we did notice was the number of people who never left the ship and were just there for the A.I. and putting as big a dent as possible in it.

We never noticed that last time.

Berwyn

Hi Crinkle,

And the boys had the best Macdodnalds we've ever seen in Funchal. Never saw a burger all week on the ship. They were getting withdrawal symptoms.:D

The one thing we did notice was the number of people who never left the ship and were just there for the A.I. and putting as big a dent as possible in it.

We never noticed that last time.

Berwyn

Ooo we saw that MacD's... he pointed, I said no and we walked on lol..

Oh never really noticed on our week, but we spent so many hrs walking off ship I was just ready to collapse into an ice cold cocktail.

Not I feel as if I'm still in one!!!!!!!

Minus 3C as I left work today... Must be one hell of a shock to you lot!

Ooo we saw that MacD's... he pointed, I said no and we walked on lol..

Oh never really noticed on our week, but we spent so many hrs walking off ship I was just ready to collapse into an ice cold cocktail.

Not I feel as if I'm still in one!!!!!!!

Minus 3C as I left work today... Must be one hell of a shock to you lot!

Yes, it was bad enough on landing to the snow. And it's got worse here since. We've actually got thick ice and snow here today.

The patio is like an ice rink and the poor dog's just been out and doing the splits on there.

The Maccy D's actually looked like the advertising pics. Lovely green fresh lettuce and fresh salad veg inside. Not like the dead stuff you get here. Boys said it was the best they've ever had.

I think we noticed the drinking more this time as the lads were in the bars a lot and kept telling us. And this time with the non smoking policy we were able to go to the pub and Champions bar and met some.

Like you we were off the ship most of the time when in port apart from Agadir, when we were glad to be back on board.

Berwyn

For future reference we got a couple of burgers on board at the late night buffet!!

LOL WE'll keep it in mind. :) We never got to the latenight buffet on 3 nights, in bed before 11p.m. Obviously we can't cut the mustard any more. I didn't ask what time the boys got to bed.

Sorry for being slow reporting back, but we didn't get in until late Friday night after a delay, to the ice and snow in Manchester.

A bit of a shock to the system after being well over 80 in Morocco.

Then rushing around last minute on Saturday to get final Xmas Stuff in and Decorations up. And worst of all back to work on Sunday and am in right through until the morning of Boxing Day.

So I'll delay a full review until after then.

After my "Live From" done on the sea day we landed in Agadir. Never again. It was awful there in the town itself. Though we enjoyed the trip to Taroudant and the tree climbing goats.

I can now see why those people who say they will stay on the ship do so.

By contrast we really enjoyed Lanzarote and the Fire Mountain excursion. It really looks like the Moon up there. And the heat coming out of the vents was amazing. Tried to take a photo down one and couldn't hold my camera over it long enough.

The camel ride was brilliant too (especially as DW hadn't realised we were going to be doing it):D

We had large sea swells through the trip, even though the weather was calm where we were. But the last night going back to Tenerife was really rough.

Throughout the cruise all the crew were fantastic. Really friendly and nothing too much trouble. And the entertainments team under Ross were brilliant.

We loved all the shows we saw and the game shows in the Bounty Lounge.

And of course the Pantomime was not to be missed

Berwyn

I see the Christmas cruisers are having worse sea swells than us.

Hi Berwyn, We had sea swells Nov, 23rd. I put a clip on youtube. Although the waves were not too big the swells were.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k17C6CwDv00

Hi Simples,

Those looked bigger than we had apart from the last night when it was very rough.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn, Funny enough I found the Mediterranean going from Toulon to Barcelona across the Gulf of Leon a lot worse.

But the highs of cruising make up for everything and nothing has been bad enough to put me off.

Thanks for your live posting, it brought it all back to me. I could picture you in the Internet room on the starboard side as one makes ones way to the pool from the Beachcomber. I saw many cruise ships last year in various ports, but the Island Escape will always have a little place in my heart. I just hope that Thomson don't try to "improve things". Leave it alone Thomson it is perfect as it is.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to everybody and a Happy Cruising New Year.

Hi Simples,

Funny we had a really stormy crossing there too, same ports too. April last year.

It was funny how people kept blaming the swells as "Stormy Weather" when it was a clear calm starry night outside.

Just had good news, all patients discharged today so finished now till next Tuesday, instead of working untill tomorrow morning. It's time to party. :D

A Merry Christmas to you and everyone.

Berwyn

Hi Simples,

Funny we had a really stormy crossing there too, same ports too. April last year.

It was funny how people kept blaming the swells as "Stormy Weather" when it was a clear calm starry night outside.

Just had good news, all patients discharged today so finished now till next Tuesday, instead of working untill tomorrow morning. It's time to party. :D

A Merry Christmas to you and everyone.

Berwyn

Hi Again, Yes it feels like stormy weather at the time. Ha Ha. Fine on finishing work, just off to a family party myself. So all the best to everybody, and keep scanning the brochures.

Archived