great hotel for San Diego departures

socal4me

just a note to recommend the Humphrey's Half Moon Inn on Shelter Island, San Diego as a pre-cruise hotel.

Humphrey's offers a 'snooze and cruise' rate where up to 10 days of parking is included in the rate, as well as a shuttle to/from the ship.

We just stayed there prior to our HAL Oosterdam Mexican Riviera cruise last week and everything went very smoothly.

One must call the hotel directly to get this deal - as I noticed it is not advertised on their web page.

For those not leaving their car - they do have a shuttle to/from SD airport, so I'm sure they could shuttle you to the ship as well.

just a note to recommend the Humphrey's Half Moon Inn on Shelter Island, San Diego as a pre-cruise hotel.

Humphrey's offers a 'snooze and cruise' rate where up to 10 days of parking is included in the rate, as well as a shuttle to/from the ship.

We just stayed there prior to our HAL Oosterdam Mexican Riviera cruise last week and everything went very smoothly.

One must call the hotel directly to get this deal - as I noticed it is not advertised on their web page.

For those not leaving their car - they do have a shuttle to/from SD airport, so I'm sure they could shuttle you to the ship as well.

What's the price of this "deal?"

Funny.... we stayed at Humphrey's Half Moon $99 a night. That was June of 1987. Here is what we did in December of 2006 we did not have a car. We got a winning bid on Priceline for $86 and stayed at the Downtown Weston. The morning of the cruise we walked less than a half mile to the port. Pretty easy. Tim

• 3 weeks later...
I just saw a better deal on-line and called the hotel and now are paying $152 including tax. We are still looking for a nicer hotel near the cruise terminal but are not having a lot of luck.

The Holiday Inn on the Bay, cruise terminal had a special rate of $79 for California residents, and it's $9 a day to leave your vehicle there. Other ideas is the government rate for naturally government employees, or if you know who holding a meeting in town you can get their "special rate".

Archived