Azamara Journey Cabins

travel09

We are about to book on the Azamara Journey, for Iceland and surrounds for July 2010. Are there any cabins that are not great,or maybe noisy... probably not on such a ship,but one never knows. We are looking at 4050 area ,at this stage.We are HAL Line sailor's, and so it is with trepidation that we are going with a different line.Destination is the reason for change. I look forward to any comments, Thank you.:confused:

Around 4050 should be a fine location. There are no really poor rooms except the ones on 6 with the views obstructed by the lifeboats. These rooms are also smaller than the others. I know for our cruise in November they were among the last to sell and there were deals to be had.

Hi travel09,

We were on the June 2009 Iceland trip and loved our experience in the North seas near the artic circle. Breathtaking like Alaska! I would not book an aft cabin on the Journey and was glad we changed to one midship. There is a vibration that is really dreadful and nothing can be done about it. We asked!!!!!!! We had aft cabins on all THREE Oceania ships and never had a problem. If you want to view the photos from our cruise and all the comments, go to our rollcall which is still on this cruise critic board -- June 6, 2009 Iceland.

Sheila

To travel09,

Just read your post again and noticed that you are HAL cruisers. If you are a smoker, there is NO SMOKING in the cabins or on the verandas. Just two places on the ship to light up. The ship and crew are wonderful -- had a fab time!!!! Great food, also.

Sheila

Agree with Sheila. We were in aft Sky suite on recent TA and really were bothered with vibration and constant engine noise. It was hard to sleep at night and interferred with enjoyment of cabin. I would never book in that area again and actually we were not all that far back from mid ship so don't know if it is because of it being a small ship or what. Enjoyed everything else immensely.

Agree with Sheila. We were in aft Sky suite on recent TA and really were bothered with vibration and constant engine noise. It was hard to sleep at night and interferred with enjoyment of cabin. I would never book in that area again and actually we were not all that far back from mid ship so don't know if it is because of it being a small ship or what. Enjoyed everything else immensely.

Gosh, we were in an aft sky suite on the same TA and had no problems with engine noise at all. There was no floor vibration. There was a slight vibration of a ceiling panel when we were in rough seas, but no worse than on other ships we have been in (in calmer seas even) - we usually book in the aft and like it there - better than in the bow.

The reason we usually go aft is to not be under a pool (if you are mid-ship). Have had bad experiences when under a pool with leaks and with noise from chairs being moved around above us. I did notice that Azamara's chairs are not usually moved because they are tightly packed and heavy to move anyway, so it would be a moot point on this ship, I guess.

Hi

We visited our friends on the aft huge corner suite on the 7th deck and the vibrations were terrible. Maybe you were on the 8th deck and the viabrations weren't bad there. We originally had cabin 7116 and changed to a midship cabin. I would NOT have been able to sleep in the original cabin. Maybe, the ship was going slower on your TA than when we were on the June 6th cruise.

Sheila

We were in that exact cabin - 4050 - on the Quest Asia Cruise. The seas were quite rough and the best place to be on the ship was our cabin!!

It was very quiet, and we found the location to be extremely convenient.

We booked it again on the Journey for next November, Holy Land Cruise!!

Cruisers are like minded wonderful people, thank you all so much for all the in put to my question. I do feel,in our experience, that sometimes the higher you go on a ship, the more the vibration, and movement of course. I am choosing the lower deck.. in case of rougher seas !. We will be coming off Eurodam, balcony cabin,much larger ship, to Journey, so all a new experience and so looking forward to everything.Great to hear of the experience of the same cruise last year .:)

We had a clock on the bedside table (regular balcony cabin.) It took us a few tries to figure out how to reset it - and we had to reset it six times, as we changed time on the Transatlantic. The first two times we tried, we accidentally set the alarm for early morning. Not much fun to unexpectedly wake up to a loud, tinny rendition of the William Tell Overture! It also played Happy Birthday and several other annoying tunes. Once we got to grips with it, though, it was well-behaved, and the numbers were large and easy to read.

Lisa

We were in that exact cabin - 4050 - on the Quest Asia Cruise. The seas were quite rough and the best place to be on the ship was our cabin!!

It was very quiet, and we found the location to be extremely convenient.

We booked it again on the Journey for next November, Holy Land Cruise!!

Thanks for the input, We have that cabin booked for Med cruise on Qwest 08-27-10. Can't wait!!!:)

Hi, everyone.

I just booked the November 2010 TA from Rome to Miami. I have spent the last two cruises, both in 2009, in the large aft cabin ... 8166 ... on Celebrity's millennium class and I love the aft. For this first experience on Azamara, we have booked cabin 7105. It doesn't seem too far back to me but now I am getting fearful that there will be engine noise and vibration.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. There is obviously ample time to move ... cabin 7029 is available and I had questioned whether to take that and chose the aft instead thinking going on a TA, the seas might be felt more the closer to the front we were situated.

Also, on Celebrity I keep very good watch on prices over time since senior and resident discounts pop up regularly for a short time. Does this happen on Azamara or does a much smaller ship fill up nicely and no discounts are required to fill the ship?

Thanks in advance. I am excited to try a new cruise line!

fern

Hi, everyone.

I just booked the November 2010 TA from Rome to Miami. I have spent the last two cruises, both in 2009, in the large aft cabin ... 8166 ... on Celebrity's millennium class and I love the aft. For this first experience on Azamara, we have booked cabin 7105. It doesn't seem too far back to me but now I am getting fearful that there will be engine noise and vibration.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. There is obviously ample time to move ... cabin 7029 is available and I had questioned whether to take that and chose the aft instead thinking going on a TA, the seas might be felt more the closer to the front we were situated.

Also, on Celebrity I keep very good watch on prices over time since senior and resident discounts pop up regularly for a short time. Does this happen on Azamara or does a much smaller ship fill up nicely and no discounts are required to fill the ship?

Thanks in advance. I am excited to try a new cruise line!

fern

I started a thread a couple of weeks ago asking about this cabin (7105) as we have it for our cruise in Feb. Here is what swingso had to say about it:

"We were in this room last Feb.on the Journey.

It is in a great location, no noise or motion issues.

The ship is very easy to navigate and it takes next to no time to walk

the full length of the ship.

You will have a great time the ships ,crew , food and service are the best we have experienced and the size means you will make friends easily.

The open Dining is a breeze and the speciality restaurants are excellent."

I hope this puts your mind at ease, I know it did mine.

We were on the Journey this past May/June 2009 in cabin 7111 and were very happy with the location. 7105 should also be a good location. The Journey is a great ship with a wonderful crew. Our cruise was Barcelona to Copenhagen

My mom and I were on the Pacific Princess in 7111 for 24 days and 7107 for 14 days, those balcony cabins have better views out of the balcony (if you are laying in bed) than the more central cabins that have part of the ship hull coming up to mid calves.

We absolutely love this location

It's very quiet, no vibration, no inside cabins across from you...and not a far walk from the elevator.

When I was getting ready to book our AZ cruise (with DH)

I knew we were doing an inside.

So I checked out all inside locations for movement while onboard my last Pacific Princess cruise..7003 region was very bad, also the cabin steward said you will have a

wake up call with the anchor.

I decided on 7043, it was actually the internet managers cabin onboard and he said no noise of any kind and very little movement

Hope this helps

K.

Archived