Info on tenerife please

AmoMondo

Not sure if this is the correct forum for Tenerife?

I'm trying to find out in which part of the island the port is located and also whether therte are any historic towns nearby that can be reached by public transport?

Anyjthing else you'd recommend? I'd prefer to avoid the overdeveloped modern tourist resorts if possible.

I think you will get more answers if you post on the Spanish ports of call board but to answer your question there is a tram. I don't know the details as we rented a car and drove around the island. Tripadvisor would have a lot more information.

• 2 weeks later...

Santa Cruz is located at the north of the island and is pretty much a purpose built tourist resort. The north is rocky and verdant and there are no beaches to speak of in the north but there is a public lido at Santa Cruz. I haven't found much in the way of historic villages on Tenerife.

Santa Cruz is located at the north of the island and is pretty much a purpose built tourist resort. The north is rocky and verdant and there are no beaches to speak of in the north but there is a public lido at Santa Cruz. I haven't found much in the way of historic villages on Tenerife.

Sorry I read it as Puerto de la Cruz for some reason!

Santa Cruz is in the north east but on the south side. I have been there a couple of times but other than the main shopping streets and the "Africa Market" I have found it rather uninspiring and unattractive. There is a public Lido but there is a nice beach around 8km to the north at Playa de las Teresitas close to the little village of San Andres.

Archived