Does Seabourn still do caviar in the surf?

Naveron

Noticed on my intinerary for March 8 on the Legend that there's a stop on Jost Van Dyke but no mention of a picnic or caviar in the surf, like we did on Prickly Pear. Has this changed?

We just got the early info on our March 25 cruise on the Legend--it shows Beach Barbeque on Prickly Pear Beach--I'm sure that includes Caviar on the beach! Don

The BBQ on the beach includes the caviar in the surf. You wade into the water, you get a canape, and a flute of fizz, served off a surfboard, and really, that's about it, it's nice in a novelty sort of way, but its not like it goes all day, or is anything like a swim-up bar or anything.

It's much better fun -later in the day- to get your party all into the shallow warm water up to your shoulders, and wile away the afternoon with island cocktails and conversation in the gentle waters, that was the bees knees!

It has to be said that the entire BBQ day is a class act, with a distinctly laid-back anything goes Caribbean feel, including live calypso, and the usual Great Seabourn pampering (even the Spa team are brought ashore to give Massage moments on the beach).

We had our BBQ on Prickly Pear in the BVI while cruising on Spirit on 2 Dec-9 Dec, fantastic!

We were on the second tender out and the last to leave, (it's advisable to get ashore early for the best seats in the limited shade on the beach) although there is shelter -and linen draped luncheon tables in the open-sided Lounge/Bar the crew set up in the otherwise disused resort where the day ashore is held on Prickly Pear.

It was by far the best day's fun we had on both the Trans-Atlantic and the Island hopping. And, ironically, it was ashore!:)

Naveron, I noticed that. There is a stop at Prickly Pear the week before you board - but not the week you are on. The shore excursions for the two week period also only mentions the beach BBQ on Prickly Pear. No mention of one at JVD – yet there are two stops there in two weeks.

That would be terrible if you weren't treated to a beach BBQ and caviar in the surf during the week you are on. Perhaps there will be a concession made, as you mention, for one on JVD. I think it's a little odd to go there twice in two weeks otherwise.

I'd offer to bring some champagne and caviar (and accoutrements) from the ship and serve it to you on JVD....but somehow I just don't think it will take the place of a real beach BBQ. At all. :eek:

Archived