cruising mid September through late October

Brizzygirl

I am interested in booking a cruise out of Charleston SC to the Bahamas in 2010. There are several dates I am interested in, they range from mid September through late October. Besides the threat of a hurricane, what kind of weather have you experienced cruising at this time of year? I don't mind some rain but don't want 24 hours of it. (Looking at rainfall tables has not helped much). Thanks in advance for your help.

That is actually the time I like to cruise. Seems to me that you get better rates. I have only gone three times in October, but each time, the weather was fine, barring a few raindrops here and there. Maybe I have just been lucky though. Im certainly looking forward to my next cruise in September 2010!:)

Price wise this seems to be the best time to cruise. All of our cruises have been towards the end of October and the weather has always been fine. If major storms are afoot then expect to have changes to your ports of call... :)

Here is a link to weather.com

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USSC0051?role=&from=month_bottomnav_vacation

Take your curser down and you will see the averages for Charleston. We are also considering cruising on the Fantasy out of Charleston for 2011 for either April, May, end of Oct or Nov due to the weather. I have been told to avoid summer and the best time to visit Charleston is fall and winter.

Cindy

Archived