So anyone giving a gift of a cruise???

Sue L

My wife just unwrapped doc's for her and two of her closest girlfriends to go on Monarch for three days early next month, flights, hotel, rental car trips, dinner the night before, all paid in advance for all three.

I win this year. he he he...

Oj.

You rock, Omishjoe! What an awesome surprise!!!

My husband and I just returned from our Christmas/Birthday (both in December) cruise on the Sapphire Princess. Sitting under the tree right now are two boxes waiting to be opened giving my two kids their big Xmas gift (and my son's high school graduation present) - a June cruise to the MR on the Mariner. I'm so excited I want to wake them up so they can open it! Includes swimming with the dolphins, zip-lining and snorkeling excursions.

Merry Christmas to all!

In the spirit of giving, who is giving someone a gift of a cruise or a trip.

I'll start

I am giving my mom a Scandanavian Cruise in July for xmas and her 80th birthday!!! I am so excited to give it to her as I booked it months ago.

As a matter-of-fact...I did last year,

Santa brought her

a b-2-b for Christmas..and,

it will be in 3 weeks from now, out of Galveston..

Also, with our dear cruising pals, from Dallas.

So, how do I out do that present for this Christmas?

Simple, I booked another b-2-b for January, 2011.

Easy to do..and, I put it in Cruise-Lay-Away as I don't

have to pay for it until next November, or so...

my Christmas shopping is done for the DW,

for next Christmas, 2010 already... ;)

The good news is, she drags me along to cart around the luggage

and, pay for stuff....:rolleyes:

I'm giving our next cruise on the Voyager of the Seas on 2/21/10 to my wife as a birthday present. She was happy when I told her last August. We love the Voyager. Merry Christmas and Happy cruising to all! Mike

mjm325--see you on board!!! We did the opposite--we gave my parents the cruise!

GoVacation... our parents and my brother are going also, love family cruises =)

How excited are you!?!??! I'm spending today packing (ugh) but we have a 20 month old, so there is alot of baby crap coming along.

Hopefully we have some great weather! See ya on the ship :D

wonderful, amazing, terrific, phenomenal, best in the world hubby gave me the Mariner for a week in March to Mex Riviera, with assistance from an elf from cruise critic....

Dunno which was better...the gift or the fact that he was able to keep it a secret, which he usually can't do...my only hint was that it had something to do with "diamonds" which totally threw me off track....we'll make diamond on this one.

My husband and I gave our son, his girlfriend and our daughter and her boyfriend

a cruise for Christmas.

They leave on monday for part one of their vacation...going down to florida to visit family and universal studios and then onto the cruise.

They are in college, so they have a long break so the cheap cruise prices in jan work out.

Plus both have birthdays in Jan, so it's part of their birthday gift also.

Prepaid gratuities, soda cards and some spending money too for each of them.

LOL, I want to adopt me! :D

DH and I are taking our DD, DSL, DGD and DGS. on Oasis Jan.9th, 2010. It is their Christmas gift. Airfare, hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, dinners, gratuities, tuxes, bought all formal clothes for the girls, luggage, and everything else to go with it!! We took our DS and DGS on Independence last year for their Christmas gift. We are taking one family per year. Not something we will do for them again after we have taken all of our kids and their families. None of them have ever been on a cruise, and we wanted to have the experience with them while the grandkids are young enough to enjoy traveling with us!! We have 2 more after this! we are hoping that this will get them hooked on cruising, and they will start a cruise fund so we can all go together one year.

Gave my DW a cruise on the MOS in Jan. and thought it was a good Xmas present. Lo and behold we just "happened" to go by her favorite jeweler a couple of weeks ago and they just "happened" to have a loose diamond sale - she lost her 40 year old engagement diamond last year - and now she will just "happened" to have a new diamond on the cruise. Full disclosure - she's worth it.

i am giving a surprise 3day cruise for my dh 40th bday then as a bonus we will be spending 2 days in tampa to visit his family. i am going to send him a birthday card in the mail a week before with cruise tickets and i am not telling him about tampa until we get to the airport. im excited!!! oh and he is getting a watch for our anniversary. gosh i am a good wife.

I'm giving our next cruise on the Voyager of the Seas on 2/21/10 to my wife as a birthday present. She was happy when I told her last August. We love the Voyager. Merry Christmas and Happy cruising to all! Mike

Mike,

I don't remember seeing your names on the Meet and Mingle webpage for our cruise on Voyager 2/21/2010. If you haven't yet, please ocme over there and introduce yourselves to the rest of the group, and also sign up for the Cruise Critic Meet % Mingle party.

Mark & Juli

Hi all -

Just surprised my GF Jeanne with a Christmas/anniversary/birthday gift 6 night cruise on the IOS on 1/31/10. She has never been on a cruise and is very excited to be going. We are counting down the days! Woo-hoo!

Andy

My mom's birthday was a couple days ago and mine is mid-Jan. We're leaving the day after my birthday for a gals only birthday cruise. I paid the cruise and plane fare as a gift to mom.

I also got my husband a 40th birthday present for 2011 - a cruise. I told him about it so it won't be a surprise (but booking a suite is).

With the help of 125,000 Visa Points, hubby and I gave each other the Oasis for Christmas. Wonderful!

While booking that, came across a super deal on the Independence so I booked a long promised 1st cruise for my nephew (Jan 31) and he got that for Christmas and 10th birthday (including his parents...my sister and BIL.) We had him do a scavenger hunt around the house Christmas day with poems and the last package had a RCCL tshirt that said Bon Voyage. He is very excited!

Deb

Mike,

I don't remember seeing your names on the Meet and Mingle webpage for our cruise on Voyager 2/21/2010. If you haven't yet, please ocme over there and introduce yourselves to the rest of the group, and also sign up for the Cruise Critic Meet % Mingle party.

Mark & Juli

Hi Mark and Juli, We are signed up and just waiting to go. Page 7, post #137. I thought we were on a list but I can't find it now. We are driving over to the Harbor House on Saturday. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. See you on the Voyager! Mike

Archived