Buying gold jewelry?

rt1092

I want to get my wife a new setting for her engagement ring. We are going on the Freedom western Caribbean. Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, and Cozumel.

Any suggestions for an honest jewelry shop or should just buy it home?

Some absolutely beautiful settings in Grand Cayman....and you will pay for them! Grand Cayman is NOT known for discounts.

Otherwise, I would not trust the quality of the work or the structure of the setting if not purchased at a reputable jeweler.

I like to buy a souvenir piece of jewelry on some of my cruises. I believe there are good buys to be found. However, I would be concerned about something as important as an engagement ring. The reason would be the difficulty in having any repair work done, or if you wanted to make some sort of change.

I would choose a reputable jeweler close to home for that purchase and maybe buy some matching earring or necklace on the trip. i have never had any quality issues with anything I have purchased in the caribbean, but I don't buy expensive pieces either.

I want to get my wife a new setting for her engagement ring. We are going on the Freedom western Caribbean. Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, and Cozumel.

Any suggestions for an honest jewelry shop or should just buy it home?

Never buy anything of importance on a island.Who will you turn too if the thing turns green 6 months down the road.Buy at home where you have the means to follow up on a problem.

Archived