TAMPA car rentals

saltydog28

My SIL used Hertz. They have a small station, only open for several hours on cruise days, near the cruise port. She dropped her DH (my DB) and the luggage at the ship, returned the car, and was shuttled back to the pier.

I'm not sure if she arranged this on-line or by phone. SIL did mention that the agent in Orlando (where they picked up the car) wasn't aware of the Tampa cruise port drop-off station. It didn't cost any extra to pick up at the Orlando airport and return to the Tampa pier.

Does anyone know if you can pick up a car from Hertz at the pier after disembarking? Or if Hertz has a shuttle from the pier to their airport location. I can't get through by phone to anyone who knows. Thanks in advance.

-Jim

Independence-Hawaii 2000

Ryndam-Mexican Riviera 2002

Mercury-Alaska 2003

Maasdam-Eastern Caribbean 2004

Veendam-Western Caribbean 4/05

Infinity-Hawaii RT 10/05

All the car rentals are located next to the airport and they offer shuttles to/from the port. When we sailed out of Tampa on the Noordam in 2003, we rented a car for the day, then hubby dropped the luggage and his DW (me) :) off at the port and returned it to the rental co. They shuttled him back to the port. Easy - airport is just a short 15 min ride from port.

We used Alamo. We rented the car at the airport, returned and returned it a few days later. They have regular shuttle busses that go to the pier. They share a facility with National, so the same would apply to them. I'm not sure how to arrange a pickup for a post cruise rental, although I'd think they'd either have the shuttles running, or you'd give them a call.

Archived