Crusing with grandma, and she is really into quilts/quilting. I need Quilter input!

LBS1

On our June cruise we will be taking Grandma. She is a active quilter and in interested in fabrics too.

Are there any places we should insure she sees in; Seattle, Skagaway, Ketchican, Juneau and Victoria. After we end the cruise we will be spending a day in Vancouver.

What are the Quilting and Fabric shopping stops we should make for her?

On our June cruise we will be taking Grandma. She is a active quilter and in interested in fabrics too.

Are there any places we should insure she sees in; Seattle, Skagaway, Ketchican, Juneau and Victoria. After we end the cruise we will be spending a day in Vancouver.

What are the Quilting and Fabric shopping stops we should make for her?

On a side street in Skagway we walked into a very cute fabric quilting shop. Sorry I don't remember the name or anything, but if you ask one of the other merchants or someone at the tourist office (it's such a small town) I bet they can direct you. It was a really quaint little spot.

Here is a link to a thread with lots of information. At the bottom is a detailed list of shops and addresses.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=971627

The shop in Skagway is very nice.

The shop in Ketchikan was on the second floor of a building very close to the Lumberjack show.

There is also a shop in Juneau. Go towards the downtown area. When the street V's off, stay right. It was also on the second floor and was very close to an ice cream shop.

I picked up material in the various ports and I am working on a "memory" quilt of our various trips. For example, when we saw whales, I picked up whale material. When we saw puffins, I picked up that material. I've had a lot of fun putting the quilt together. I didn't really buy any other souvenirs other than pictures. Happy quilting!

Love the shop in Ketchikan. It's on the second floor of Salmon Landing, the last building to the south at the pier. There is an elevator. See the main store, and then last year they had an extra store with Alaska fabrics(Take me, take me!):D

I knew Nancyquilts would come to the rescue on this thread (along with the 2 other very nice posters who responded) :)

Archived