Cash or Travelers Checks?

sgmburt

I would also take an ATM card and a couple of credit cards.

You can bill your shipboard account to your credit card and it will cut down on the amount of money you have to carry. I always take two credit cards in case one doesn't work for some reason. It is a good idea to notify your credit card company when you plan to travel. That way they won't block any purchases because they think it is fraud.

Roberta

I have not used travelers checks in years.

I use a credit card. I also have an AMT card incase I need some cash. I take enough cash to pay for expenses to and from the port and then some extra cash for spending when I do not want to use the card. Be sure to have a backup credit card incase you have a problem with it getting stolen or lost.

We always take travelers checks which we cash at the front desk. I prefer not to carry a lot of cash. We take enough cash for pre-cruise needs and some cruise needs. We sometimes cash a travelers check during the cruise and nearly always do on the last full day. That gives us cash for extra tips and for our post-cruise. (HAL newbies need to know that HAL does not have an ATM on board.)

Archived