Beach day at Sand Castle Beach

bigreckster

We're visiting St. Croix next month and I tried to contact Sand Castle Beach resort re: their cruise passenger beach pass program but keep getting an undeliverable message-blocked result. Anyone out there know whether they still offer this and how to reach them???? Thanks in advance.:)

I love that area, Cottages by the Seas is right next door. Truthfully the nicest beach and restaurant on the island. I love St Croix..

I know you will enjoy the beach, very sandy with some reefs within swimming distance to explore snorkeling. I spent many an hour doing just that this October. I was there for 10 days... Wonderful fish everywhere, saw rays, dolphin, and dozens of others by the thousands.. here's a hint, bring some crackers or cookies in a small ziploc bag, and open it underwater, they will come from all over... much fun. I used corn chips...lol

Sounds like you tried to email, maybe they are having internet issues. Try calling them.

PS: Feeding fish and marine animals crackers and cookies is not good for their health overall and often particularly their digestive system. Those items are not natural to their diet. Also feeding fish affects the natural balance of the reef.

--Islander

• 3 weeks later...

I called. I was told no reservations were necessary. The taxi ride was reported to be about $3 each way. A beach pass is $5 for a lounge chair and use of the facilities. I think it's $25 to add an umbrella and a couple of rum drinks. We just need the chair. The woman I spoke to there was super nice.

bigreckster, If you tried to reach them thru their website and email, check the spelling on the website. They missed a letter. I got the same message as you but once I spelled it correctly my email went thru and they replied very quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived