Best Snorkeling

enyaw

Hi there! I'm sailing on Vision of the Seas in March --and I need a bit of help with some excursions. I really enjoy snorkeling--and I realize that the water isn't the same as the Caribbean. We'll be in Cabo, Mazatlan and P.Vallarta--so out of the three which would be the best? Will the water be to cold (I'm sailing on the 13th)?

Thanks for your help!

Cabo will be the best. Very clear water, I cannot tell you about the temperature.

In P.Vallarta the water is sometimes not that clear because of the water from the mountains that streams into the bay.

The areas in Vallarta where there is good snorkeling would be Islas Marietas, Los Arcos, Majahuitas, and Las Caletas. These stops are available on many of the sea tours. We do not have rain (maybe one or two times) from November to June, so no problem with silt coming down from the rivers, they are nearly dry right now.

I just snorkeled off shore from the Lindo Mar hotel, perfectly clear, decent fish spottings, but again, not like the Caribbean as we do not have coral reefs and long shallow areas. The bay is deep, almost two miles deep in places, and with the mountians coming down to the shore, most areas with exception to Nuevo and points north, the shore drops off to fast for it to be viable for snorkeling from Los Muertos to the Marina area.

The Las Caletas by Day trip is excellent, a little of everything! (Including snorkeling off shore there)

I am interested too.

Anyone know, if you snorkel in Cabo, do you have to go far from the pier, or is there good snorkelling within walking distance?

(my family plans to make cabo a beach day, so if I can snorkel close to the beach, that would be ideal)

Archived